NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Boat Slips on Hopatcong - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-30-2020, 10:48 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Boat Slips on Hopatcong

I'd like to get a slip for my 17' bass tracker on the big lake next season. Any intel on what marinas are good and what rates look like? I've been trailering and launching at Lee's County Park, but can't find info on their website about slips.
Old 12-30-2020, 05:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Boat Slips on Hopatcong

There’s some nice marinas on the northern end that take care of there people. Try Flash Marina. Prices vary greatly on the lake.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:59 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Right next to Flash Marina on Rte 181 at northern end of lake is the
Stone Water Restaurant & Marina. They recently installed all new docks.
No idea how their rates are. I believe they are connected or related somehow to Prospect Point Marina also at that end of lake off rte 181.
Bridge Marina is another place to check out. Been years since I have patronized any of these. Cannot comment on their current managment.
Good luck in your search.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:41 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

For the past 2 years I have kept my boat at Johnny's Marina near the River Styx bridge and Pavinici's Restaurant. Floating dock with locked gates, ramp, small store, service with good mechanic, bathrooms.

Parking can be an issue on the weekends when the restaurant is open, other than that I haven't had any issues and would recommend them.
Old 12-31-2020, 06:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I assume you have a trolling motor and will need dock power to charge up your batteries? That can be tough to find for smaller slips. Generally reserved for big cuddies. Lee’s currently doesn’t have dock power. It looked like they were putting something in last year but I am not sure exactly what.

I would recommend Flash Marina. Kurt (the owner)is great and will take care of you. Bonus he is the local tracker dealer. I had my 17’ deep v there for 4 years. They have slips right behind the store that are really only usable by smaller boats with trolling motors to get out of the slip. They also dock power. Flash will be the most affordable on the lake. I think I was paying around 1400 for the slip with power. The next best I could find was 1900. He will let you put in at ice out and leave it in until ice up. Other places generally run April to October with some being stricter than others.

Now is the time to lock something up. Don’t wait until March with everybody else. Let us know how you make out.