NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Consider a guided trip in 2021: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-28-2020, 10:42 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Consider a guided trip in 2021:

I'm not talking about the saltwater type but freshwater. Amazing how many different types of freshwater trips with guides can be found throughout the United States. Yeah we all know the Alaska and Canada types but there is also great fishing with guides close by in New York and Pennsylvania.
I see many people choose a guided trip on the Susquehanna for smallmouth bass and some choose upstate New York for trout. You can book a float trip on the Salmon river or a trip on the Great Lakes, so many to choose from.
Guided trips don't come cheap but I found it to be money well spent. So far in 2020 I did 3 trips with guides and loved every minute of it. There are guide trips on the Lehigh river in Pennsylvania for trout and even a few guides who fish the Delaware river in the spring for American Shad. Years ago I booked a walleye charter on the Delaware river in March and we fished right near Washington's Crossing.
So, if you have never tried a guided trip maybe you should look into one.
There are multi-day trips for smallmouth bass !!
https://www.ashevilleflyfishingco.com/overnight-trips
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2146.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	147009   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1666.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	147010  
Old 12-28-2020, 12:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Consider a guided trip in 2021:

You are right, you can get guides just about anywhere, there are even guided trips at Disney. My son and I fished the lake in Epcot early one morning before the parks open. The guide rigged us with rubber worms and we had a ball. There are some damn nice bass in there.

Given how 2020 played out the guides might need your support in 2021.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I agree. They really struggled this year.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:45 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

We did a guided drift boat float down the Salmon River, and it was great. Both my son and I caught steelhead up to 9 pounds, 3 ounces. Then four years later, we did a guided hike-in, Douglaston Salmon Run, and it was during a period when steelhead fishing was especially tough. My son caught the only steelhead reported by the river walker by 1 pm, a nice six-pounder, and I lost one about five pounds. No matter, the next morning we on the river at Altmar at dawn, and I caught a four-pound steelhead in the first five minutes. We always do a charter at Ocracoke Inlet, NC, when down there. Once fly fishing reds in Charleston. Always worth it. It is expensive but it feels good to give a big tip.
Old 12-29-2020, 06:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Consider a guided trip in 2021:

Yes! Great idea for anyone from the novice to the rookie. Our local guys in NJ could use the business as well as the guides in the immediate tri-state area. It hasn’t been an easy year for anyone so support who you can if you have the means and funds to do so! Let’s keep American small businesses in business!
Old 12-29-2020, 09:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

The upper delaware drift boat trips are a joy. already have one booked this spring, and will probably go again in the fall