NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Ice contest 2017! - Page 19 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Ice contest 2017!

Totally understand I'm sure all the guys agree. For future contests we should make a post or PM reliable tourney men that want to participate 1 week in advance and hold a derby the old school way. Pick a water body we can vote different water bodies per different weekend days throughout icefishing season thru PM or a simple post. Saturdays and Sundays are better for most due to work and convenience matters make it fair and have every one meet and greet at a boat ramp beach area or state Park access area say 6 or 7 am. Everyone agrees to largest fish in inches say for pike bass pickerel perch musky whatever it may be for that day. Everyone get in on a 20 or 25 dollar entry per weekend tournament day and have everyone fish the same waterbody body so everyone can be present at measuring and seeing what was caught. Payout will be great FYI think about it. Gives more people chances to actually win. Have a reliable source holding the money at the end of the derby the money goes to the winner. Derby can run 7 am to 1 pm. Some people have responsibilities family or just can't be out all day in the environment so a 6 hour derby is just fine. You'll have more entry's as its to most people's convenience and less arguments n posts regarding measurements n payments. The best way think about this for next year guys n gals. Maybe I'll run the derby next year
Old 03-20-2017, 03:52 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

In all honesty seems like I am getting the short hand of the stick here. Ice king gets a prize from the donated money no? Why divide my winnings to each of the category payouts. I'm losing out here I prefer a prize for the 210$ donated money since no grants or bait shop gift cards were issued by no one as mentioned at the start of the derby rules. I'd rather have a 210$ gift card or a 210$ icefishing gift purchased with receipt to show $210 was spent. I won the ice king award and my money should not be split in all categories. It should be $380 divided by 6 category winners for $63.3 each not $90 each. Let's be fair and honest here and if you have no time to buy a prize then I should receive cash. $210 donated money plus $63.3 for pike winning entry which equals to $273. Also if I split the oddball catergory it should be an extra $31 to the $273 which be a total of $304.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:59 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Unless donations are split up into winning categories which was never mentioned is where u maybe got the 90$ per category.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:01 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I think there's still some figuring out or explaining to do before the final decision.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:21 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I only said gift cards were a possibilty, I talked to one or two places and didn't have any luck being it wasn't an offical contest.
I believe when I said would donate I didn't say it was for anything in particular, only that I would add it to the pot. I see it as an extra fun divison to show who had the best ice season but hey I have a cabelas gift card sitting in my wallet I will gladly send it your way and take the 90 back you got for the ice king award and add it to the other pots.
Instagram @bloody_decks_bowfishing
Facebook - team bloody decks
Old 03-20-2017, 06:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Since icemusky wants a donated gift card I'm taking the 90 back and dividing between the categories. Makes each divison worth $108. 540/5=108. 50 for oddball category and cabelas gift card for the ICE KING congratulations to all the winners.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:24 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Thanks, that works out im sure the guys appreciate the extra few bucks aswell. Congrats to all the winners aswell.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Damn, all this bitching and moaning over a couple bucks?! If I knew it'd be like this, I'd have suggested ALL the funds be DONATED in NJF's name to a good cause (RVTA?) and let the tournament be for BRAGGING RIGHTS!

Thanks to Lou for running it, was a fun season while it lasted!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 03-24-2017, 07:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Mikey, Skunk, nyfly, and bigboy please pm me and let me know if you want PayPal or a check sent to you.
Icemusky and get a check make up and get the gift card in the mail, just pm Me an address
Old 03-24-2017, 08:21 PM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk City View Post
Damn, all this bitching and moaning over a couple bucks?! If I knew it'd be like this, I'd have suggested ALL the funds be DONATED in NJF's name to a good cause (RVTA?) and let the tournament be for BRAGGING RIGHTS!

Thanks to Lou for running it, was a fun season while it lasted!
Cash prizes for catching a fish....l rather play Texas hold em. Pass the pretzels please.