NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

follow up report from the cong - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-28-2021, 07:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default follow up report from the cong

I went around looking at the big pond today and the main part of the lake is open water with white caps so i do not expect that to freeze any time soon but the park area and some of the coves had ice that should hold up in the high winds that we are getting tonight. The temps we are going to have should help the ice that is already locked up but the wind is a BIG PROBLEMO not good lets hope that it does not break up any of the ice we have now. i fished the park area with some friends and we managed to get some fish before the wind and dropping temps drove us off i caught three more perch to add to the dinner menu tonight and my friends got some decent slime darts on tip ups they did a great job keeping those things away from my jigs. the guy in the green suit (john) had a 23" fish and the other fish that gus got was 22" tom got a few perch and an 18" slime dart..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210128_144847.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	147162   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210128_142411.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	147163  

Last edited by icebadger; 01-28-2021 at 07:41 PM..
Old 01-28-2021, 11:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: follow up report from the cong

Is this you? You all were the only show in town today. The rest of the lake had no one or one or two fishermen. It might have been a bit bumpy even if you were in a boat. There was just so much open water that moving from place to place was very limited. If you found access to the ice and wanted to move, you pretty much had to get into your car and drive to another spot or be satisfied with where you were. It's the biggest lake in the state so over crowding is not a problem but with limited ice, be content to fish closer to shore. When ice fishing, there actually is safety in numbers. Groups of fishermen means there's enough safe ice to be safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0834 (2).jpg
Views:	300
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	147166  
Old 01-29-2021, 09:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I would've probably felt a certain way looking at those white caps while standing on the ice! Good frozen bag though at least for bearing the conditions. I like that tall flag in the other other post too, pretty cool!
Old 01-30-2021, 01:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfish715 View Post
Is this you? You all were the only show in town today. The rest of the lake had no one or one or two fishermen. It might have been a bit bumpy even if you were in a boat. There was just so much open water that moving from place to place was very limited. If you found access to the ice and wanted to move, you pretty much had to get into your car and drive to another spot or be satisfied with where you were. It's the biggest lake in the state so over crowding is not a problem but with limited ice, be content to fish closer to shore. When ice fishing, there actually is safety in numbers. Groups of fishermen means there's enough safe ice to be safe.
yes that is my slime dart blockade team we had to move from the right side because the fish were not in good numbers there that photo you posted is tom and gus getin-er-done.
Old 01-31-2021, 05:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: follow up report from the cong

Badger loves Pickeral! Hahaha! Get on the ice while you can sir!