NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Ike - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-06-2017, 12:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey topaz View Post
Huge fan of his squeeky reel video jiggin for Lakers. Watched ten seconds of it and stopped couldn't listen to it any more..... Anyone that fishes alot and knows him well knows he fishes merill and the valley. Nothing secret nothing special. Kid should start fishing some of the local tournaments and round valley tourney's and "TRY " to win. As far as Ike goes I think he's a nut job but I love it kinda reminds me of happy Gilmore just the fishing version
Mikey... I agree, he NEVER fishes any tournaments, all you get is his edited videos, wait, yes I did see one video where he did a tournament with IKE, BTW the kid caught nothing, IKE did. Not saying he cant catch fish, because as you can see he catches hundreds in his video's, but Just saying.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I was there fishing for trout.....but didn't know it was him. Probably passed right by him..... Saw bass boats jigging over by the towers. Saw a truck that was wrapped that said "Bassmaster University".........never liked him since the time his livewells died and he pulled a hissy fit by ripping the American Flag out of his boat during a tournament. Heard he lost some big sponserships because of it. What you do says a lot about your character and integrity. Capt. Dave
Old 12-06-2017, 05:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I guess I am in the minority. I like watching Eric's videos. They have definitely helped me fine tune my bass fishing arsenal. Especially his early videos. Not the biggest fan of his newer stuff. I like the fact that he doesn't tell you where he is. It makes me want to get out and find that spot!

Ike can be pretty abrasive. I can't handle him when he is screaming like a moron.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:03 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Don’t post here much anymore but wanted to put in my 2cents. I cross paths with NJF a lot. I’ve found him to be a good, passionate kid, doing what he loves and sharing it with people that have the same love for the sport. Hard to find anything negative about that.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:53 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

I like watching the kid bass fishing jersey's videos.. I pretty much enjoy watching any videos of bodies of water I frequent often. I do agree that its better off not giving away the location... If you recognize the place, which is generally not hard in most of his videos, than more power to you.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:03 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Eric seems informative. Ike and this guy (who films snappers, water snakes, wolverines, lionfish and many others biting him) seem to be off their meds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F57z6ya-rnA
Old 12-08-2017, 10:37 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

The best NJ Outdoorsman Youtube star is our very own Ken Beam!

https://www.youtube.com/user/JohnWayne00

Old 12-08-2017, 12:26 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOnKV View Post
I like watching the kid bass fishing jersey's videos.. I pretty much enjoy watching any videos of bodies of water I frequent often. I do agree that its better off not giving away the location... If you recognize the place, which is generally not hard in most of his videos, than more power to you.
I don't think mentioning of the lake is an issue. The issue some of the locals have is it's a spot specific fishery during the fall and into winter. It's an isolated area, the kid needs to be more careful on how he films, to make it worse, he takes 2 other Youtubers and they made their own videos.. on the same spot. To cap it off, the spot was shown to him by a regular there when he was green. So maybe he'll learn more as he fishes for his college team, that holding your cards is part of fishing in a small state, and respects the spots that others have shown you
Old 12-08-2017, 03:05 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradingfrank27 View Post
I don't think mentioning of the lake is an issue. The issue some of the locals have is it's a spot specific fishery during the fall and into winter.
Very good points.

Last edited by FishOnKV; 12-08-2017 at 03:17 PM..