NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

this is a fishing site but.....many are probraly gun owners too - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default this is a fishing site but.....many are probraly gun owners too

a bunch of bills were introduced to basically screw us gun owners , i ask all my fellow fishermen to speak up on the b.s they are trying to pull contact you legislatures and give em an ear full
Old 01-23-2014, 08:40 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: this is a fishing site but.....many are probraly gun owners too

I'm with you on that brother, this wonderful President of ours is really looking to screw things up for us, but all the criminals with unregistered firearms stashed away will have nothing to worry about...
Old 01-23-2014, 09:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Well I guess ...its time to buy one hide one !!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I am a criminal.. why??.. Because my Ruger 10-22 has a magazine that holds 10 rounds.. Our radical leftist governor Cuomo has decided I should NOT be allowed to have a .22 that carries more than 7 rounds, and its now state law... Doesn't matter one bit that Ruger didn't make a 7 round magazine for this rifle.. I am still a criminal if I put more than 7 rounds in the factory 10 round magazine..
I MUST keep in mind however, that its ME thats the misfit, the oddball, the right wing freak that doesn't know right from wrong.. After all, Gov Cuomo enjoys a 66% approval here in NY... I simply don't know whats good for me.. The people of NY wanted this sort of "leadership", overwhelming approve of it, demanded and overwhelmingly voted for it, so yes, I am the outcast.
As a pro life, pro 2nd amendment conservative, I have
" No place in NY"... Those are the governors exact words, spoken 2 days ago in an interview......
bob
Old 01-24-2014, 10:09 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

They can have my LEGAL 357 magnum or my LEGAL beretta 92. When they break into my house to take them. Keep in mind I shoot intruders into my home on sight!

This country is not what it once was. This government is not by the people or for the people!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Site Sponsor

from my cold dead hands

http://www.taggedfishcharters.com/
Sailing from Highlands, N.J.

Specialized in Small & Medium Charters for
1 - 15 of your Friends, Family or Clients

Charters are priced according to the number of people in your group

Open boat fishing option
Pick a date from our trip calendar

~~ CALL OR TEXT ONLY ~~

732-895-7830
Old 01-24-2014, 11:32 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

when i was younger i had my hands on illegal guns all the time, never gotten in trouble thank god ...but grew up and did things right ! applied for my fid card and purchased legal guns and ammo ....and after all of this government tyranny , im ready to sell off and go back to the other way ...cause then they wont know what i have , when i see them kicking in johnnys door across the street to grab his legally owned guns they get shot in the back from the guns they didnt know about !
Old 01-24-2014, 06:09 PM
NJFishing.com Member

As Thomas Jefferson said, The beauty of the 2nd. Amendment is it not needed till they try to take it away.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:03 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The Castle doc

WAKE THE SLEEPING DOG
Old 01-24-2014, 07:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ok while I thought political posts were taboo here it is winter and since the thread is alive I for better or worse will "stir the pot" with "another" viewpoint not necessarily Liberal or conservative just factual.

1) The 2nd amendment is typically thrown around "loosely" at best from its original intent: See below:
The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right of individual Americans to keep and bear arms regardless of service in a militia. The right is not unlimited and does not prohibit all regulation of either firearms or similar devices.[1] State and local governments are limited to the same extent as the federal government from infringing this right. The Second Amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791, as part of the first ten amendments comprising the Bill of Rights.

The Second Amendment was based partially on the right to keep and bear arms in English common-law and was influenced by the English Bill of Rights of 1689. Sir William Blackstone described this right as an auxiliary right, supporting the natural rights of self-defense, resistance to oppression, and the civic duty to act in concert in defense of the state.[2]

In United States v. Cruikshank (1876), the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that, "The right to bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence" and limited the applicability of the Second Amendment to the federal government.[3] In United States v. Miller (1939), the Supreme Court ruled that the federal government and the states could limit any weapon types not having a “reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia”.[4][5]

In the twenty-first century, the amendment has been subjected to renewed academic inquiry and judicial interest.[5] In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court handed down a landmark decision, expressly holding the amendment to protect an individual right to possess and carry firearms.[6][7] In McDonald v. Chicago (2010), the Court clarified its earlier decisions that limited the amendment's impact to a restriction on the federal government, expressly holding that the Fourteenth Amendment applies the Second Amendment to state and local governments to the same extent that the Second Amendment applies to the federal government.[8] Despite these decisions, the debate between the gun control and gun rights movements and related organizations continues.[9]

As cynical as fishermen are about "big Brother" I personally don't believe anyone is out to "TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY" but rather there is a concerted effort by both parties to overcompensate and test the provisions of existing Law when they see the opportunity for electorate gain. Having said that more Gun control is in order.

It is MY OPINION, contradictory to do nothing when its obvious that LEGAL Guns have been taken from LAW Abiding citizens and used by mentally deranged children, young adults etc of those same LAW abiding citizens to KILL children at schools, theaters , kill friends while playing etc. Yes there are Laws in place for Legal Gun owner negligence and should be enforced as is because the negligence of some should NOT affect all. However enough instances have happened to dictate that those laws are apparently NOT enough . Therefore a reduction in magazines for ammo doesn't seem too much to ask. Lets face it you don't need 10 round clips to hunt and if it interferes with your target shooting get over it and reload more often.

Had the NRA (which I was once a member) taken the initiative to support better backround checks, 5 day waiting periods and regulation on gun shows it may not have come to this but they choose not to. You will never stop "criminals" from getting Illegal guns but nowadays its not just the "criminals" as these school shootings prove. My daughter is a teacher in a suburban area with many Gun owners and I am scared every day until she gets home safe> Should I have to worry about this NO.

2) To pin this ON Liberals or Conservatives is not fair either as again these terms are used way too loosely and the overcompensation to LAW is on both sides BUT the EXTREMES are at issue: Thomas Jefferson (smart man that he was always stated that the constitution was a guideline based on the times and meant to be and expected to be amended as needed based on the culture of the times.)

Outside of gun issue:
How can you say you are "Pro Life" when everyone (at least in my circles) is "Pro Life" you are either Pro choice per the LAW or Anti Choice . Why feel you are against "BiG" Government interference, subsidy for the poor , Illegals etc and then say save all the unwanted children so the government can subsidize the foster care, medical,mental clinics etc that these uncared for "saved" children seem to enter .

You complain the Government takes away your LEGAL rights as gun owners because they don't think you are capable of making the right decision and then you want to take away a womens LEGAL right to choose for the same reasons. Doesn't make sense.

Not going to drag this out but the same lack of fair play by both parties can be attributed to many of todays issues and EXTREME views (hate to say but more so from the right) are with total discourse of facts and getting in the way. FISHING comes to mind which is what this site is about.