NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fresh water Eels - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-18-2011, 05:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Fresh water Eels

State record for American freshwater eel was caught out of Round Valley in 2005 and weighed 6 LBS 13 OZ.

Click here for a link on the potential record breaker that was eaten.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz
They were stocked there but that's a good question whether they were put there intentionally or someone did some renegade stocking.

Some big ones in there, the current State record was caught out of there and I think it was 2 guys last summer caught a record-breaker but weren't advised of it until others had seen the pictures of it before they cooked and ate it!

Cooked and ate a potential state record...AWG...not sure if I could cook and eat any of these guys; however, if I catch a 50+ incher ever, well, I will need to get my name in the books first and then offer up the specimen... JMurr is first on the list.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:18 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

How is the cat-fishing in farrington? I haven't heard anything about that place since they drained it.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddersen
How is the cat-fishing in farrington? I haven't heard anything about that place since they drained it.
Did not know they drained it? Nature nearly drained it last year or two due to summer heat. Down to a trickle...

Fished live sunnies (caught that day earlier) there several years ago with success and also landed a 4 lb LMB...catfishing, well also LMB fishing in retrospect

Have fished the deeper ends of this pond with "ripe" shrimp and livers with some success, just not the success of other places in the state
Old 08-19-2011, 10:32 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I know the owner of Laurie`s lake side down there and he kept saying they drained it so I don't know if "they" was nature or not. I just hadn't heard of anyone fishing on it in a while.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:11 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunkertaker
Cooked and ate a potential state record...AWG...not sure if I could cook and eat any of these guys; however, if I catch a 50+ incher ever, well, I will need to get my name in the books first and then offer up the specimen... JMurr is first on the list.
i have prolly broken the pout,raven and robin record 50 times but ate the evidence lol

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 08-20-2011, 08:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711
i have prolly broken the pout,raven and robin record 50 times but ate the evidence lol
And we expect that and some...yummm yummm...and what evidence?
Old 08-30-2011, 08:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Took the kids down to see the flooded Raritan on Sunday morning before the river really got bad. Went to the place just under exit 10 287.

Man it was incredible. Saw a huge tree floating down the river and what tow-path river, there was just one continuous raging river. The kids were wading around at the edge and "Daddy...a snake!"....NOT...turned out to be a small ELL that we caught and released. We also observed a dislodged beaver as well trying to figure out what to do.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:25 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

They are good on the grill. Cut them into 2' pieces, place them upright on the grill, cook on medium low, keep a pair of tongs handy. You will have to move them around due to the flair up's from the oil.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Man
They are good on the grill. Cut them into 2' pieces, place them upright on the grill, cook on medium low, keep a pair of tongs handy. You will have to move them around due to the flair up's from the oil.
Where you been??