NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

George Forman Healthy Fluke - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Recipes
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Recipes Use this board to post your favorite recipes

Old 06-22-2010, 03:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default George Forman Healthy Fluke

I have been trying to lose some weight, going to the gym a couple times a week, etc. So last night I cooked fresh fluke a different way other than fried or baked. I have a george foreman cooker. It's the biggest model they had at the time. Fits 4 fillets quite neatly.

Using the griddle top, turn the cooker on.

Lay out your fish and pat dry on a piece of wax paper. Dust each side evenly and gently with bay seasoning. Add a touch of black pepper, and kosher salt.

When the cooker is warmed up place the fish on the cooker, leaving it open.

The foreman is on a slant, so I took a tiny bit of butter and put it at the very top allowing it to run down.

After 3 minutes I flipped the fish over gently. I then applied a squeeze of lemon to the fillets. 3 more minutes and the fish were cooked all the way through.

I paired these with some whole grain pasta and a little bit of red sauce. Was a very tasty, nearly fat free meal.

Even my wife who doesn't really like fish all that much said it was good.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: George Forman Healthy Fluke

We have the same G.F. cooker that you explain. WIll have to keep this in mind for when/if we fluke fish.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Russ, I have also changed my lifestyle this year and happy to say I'm down 40 lbs year to date. This sounds like a great way to cook the fluke. I use the Forman for a lot of cooking but haven't tried this yet. Thanks for sharing. We are also using flavored Grape seed oil by WILDTREE( my favorite is roasted garlic) which is a great way to reduce the fat from oils i.e. Bertolli Virgin Olive(which I also love). By the way, they also make some great salsa products and a jalepeno jam great for cooking if you're into peppers.
Supporter and Member of RFA/NJ
IGFA Member
www.sharkbite-bucktails.com
Old 06-22-2010, 10:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I HIGHLY recommend a G.F. Cooker to anyone trying to lose a few pounds or just cook healthier. Making real beef hamburgers, even when you buy 95% fat free meat the amount of fat that drains into the runoff tray is just disgusting. And the thing is non-stick to the extreme so you don't really need to use any oil.

I don't think this would work with a much thicker fish, but for the fluke it's perfect.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:27 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Just grill you burger or grill you thicker fish steaks all the fat runs away and you are left with flavorable foods, but again I am speaking of charcoal not propane grills.