NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fishing, food, fun, and THE BEAR!!(Part 1 of two posts) - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-04-2013, 04:41 AM
iceehot6766

Default Fishing, food, fun, and THE BEAR!!(Part 1 of two posts)

Alright now, this is gonna be one of my longer posts, esp. the pictures because it deserves what it is.....Me and UglyStick put in a 12 hour day today......It never gets old.....I had a good feeling about today before we rolled out, something cool was gonna happen, didn't know exactly what it was gonna be, but just felt something.....So we started out at 6:30am and I told Jim, let's hit my usual 1st spot........Couple casts in....BAM!!...I nail a nice Smallie and it comes unglued....WTF is with me lately?.....smh........continuing forward I show Jim a secret bait and 1st cast....BAM!!....1st chunk of the day.....

.....we drift a little down and Jim yells HE'S ON!! I told him don't horse him in, play the fish. and asks me to net him...After a nice fight,Finally put Jim on to his best smallie of the year.....this was all I wanted to do is see him catch something nice all day.....and he started out great!!....

We both continue the day with a few more fish , bass, snot rockets and perch......bite was defiantely on plastics all day long.....

We hit this one weed edge and I have a good feeling when my line gets a slight bump, I set the hook, and this bruiser comes flying out of the water......

The day was shaping up to be pretty decent for the both of us.........we both caught fish......time for some lunch.....Mmmmmmmmmmm.......Grilled Chicken Cutlets with Lettuce,Tomato, and Red Onions on Fresh Semolina Bread with Salt Pepper, and Oregano, red wine vinegar and olive oil, and a lemon squeezed over the cutlets after I grilled them.....The Holy MotherClucker sandwich is what I call it.....I included a pic of the whole shebanfg from when I made it also....

Alright we gotta keep it moving and work off that food so back to fishing now......found a pattern that brought a few more over the rails .......

Last edited by iceehot6766; 10-04-2013 at 08:34 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 05:04 AM
iceehot6766

Default Fishing, food, fun, and THE BEAR(Part 2 of two posts)

Jim hooks into another nice one later in the day......Ugly stick Jim gets it done!!!

So we end up going around this one point ad all day I've been saying to Jim about how I've seen bears so many times this year, and this is time for them to come out more often, and all this bear talk, we're fishing and I look to my left and there he is!.........EL OSO GRANDE!!!!!!....I love these animals so much. They are so incredible to see, with their fluffy, shiny black fur and beautiful face....To see them with your own eyes and think people kill these just for fun breaks my heart......They are one of God's most beatutiful creation's in this world..He just sat there on his butt , not one bit afraid of us and let us get very close to him....like probably @ 50 feet or so(we were in the boat off shore and had the gas motor ready in case of an emergency)...We just sat there quietly and watched him as he just looked at us probably thinking, "I wish these guys would just go back to fishing and leave me alone, this isn't the zoo!!!".......AFter about 15 minutes or so he wandered off slowly and we returned to fishing again, I know for me and Jim, was the icing on the cake to a beautiful day on the water...Here's a few pics we snapped...I did video also but not going to load it up here.....Oh yeah, my guess was the bear weighed about 250 pounds....Jim laughed and easily said that bear was 400-450....WOW

Here's a link to a video of the bear.........I posted it to my facebook but you can still view it even if you don't have fb..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...91272388676400

On the way in we both got a few more fish including this huge slime dart right as it was getting dark out....

I want to thank Jim for a great day and for a new friendship...He is such a good decent guy and I am glad we ended up being friends through this site....We are definately going to fishing more next year and again thanks for taking me on your boat ....Here's a few fall in NJ scenery pics I took today to make this post totally well rounded......Thanks for reading and sorry if it was too long......

How our day started....

How we ended the day.....

Last edited by iceehot6766; 10-04-2013 at 01:51 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 06:57 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Fishing, food, fun, and THE BEAR!!(Part 1 of two posts)

All I can say is, WOW!!!! Great looking Sammie's, Larry's and some AWESOME PICS of Mother Nature and it's beauty. Watching an animal in its natural environment is a sight to be seen. Black Bears are an amazing sight.

Great job Mitch and Jim. Hands down the best report I've read in a while. Wow, what a sammich!!!! Putting some serious time in on the water, love it! Great post, epic story!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Fishing, food, fun, and THE BEAR!!(Part 1 of two posts)

Oh sure take Jim to a place that actually has fish in it and catch'em all day...I see how you are! HA....obviously just kidding.

Sounds...and looks...like a great day Mitch. I'm glad you got to catch a bunch...well deserved for sure....great report and pics.

Nicely Done guys!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:17 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Enjoyable way to start my morning... great post. Nice fish.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Fishing, food, fun, and THE BEAR!!(Part 1 of two posts)

After reading that post i feel like i just got off the lake with you guys and my stomach is full! Great pics, great day!

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 10-04-2013, 09:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Fishing, food, fun, and THE BEAR(Part 2 of two posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceehot6766
....I love these animals so much. They are so incredible to see, with their fluffy, shiny black fur and beautiful face....To see them with your own eyes and think people kill these just for fun breaks my heart......

Looks like you had another awesome day on the water.

Seeing a bear in the wild always makes my day, too.
This is their hyperphagia period when they are engorging themselves on acorns and anything else they can get their paws on in preparation for the winter.

As much as I like bears, I am glad New Jersey manages their population with a hunting season. I remember when Corzine stopped the bear hunt. There were so many damn bears. Fishing in the evening from the shore at the Delaware Water Gap was a scarey experience. It felt like you were at the zoo on the wrong side of the cages. There were bears walking around everywhere. I almost walked into a bear that was eating out of a garbage can in a parking lot. Scarey stuff to experience when you're alone in the dark.

It couldn't have been much fun for the bears, either. There's only so much food available in the woods. Bears were forced to move into the suburbs looking for food where they were eventually captured and euthanized.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Last edited by Eskimo; 10-04-2013 at 10:00 AM..
Old 10-04-2013, 10:44 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

That looks like an amazing day good job catching them. The bear is a plus!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:56 AM
iceehot6766

Thanks guys for the comments....we had a perfect day yesterday!!.......I'm always looking to fish w/ amyone so just pm me and we'll link up......Here's a bonus pic of what went into that sandwich before I put it all together

Old 10-04-2013, 10:57 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I would welcome a bear in my yard if he would eat all the damn acorns. Its like walking on marbles just getting the mail.