NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

perch fest today - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-17-2021, 08:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default perch fest today

My friend kevin called me and said lets try a different lake today so we met at dows in the morning and got bait and other stuff and off we go. We get there just as the sun was coming up over the trees and start drilling holes and set a few tip ups to see where they were. We found them after a short time and drilled some more holes and it was game on the flags were slow at first and i found the fish holding in 10 fow just off the shoreline they wanted the jig and meal worm more than they wanted the minnows on the tip ups. Kevin was getting the slime darts on the tip ups and i was jigging for the perch. Kevin got a 24" slime dart and three other pickerel and one small lmb we also got some of the perch on tip ups as well. The sunnies were playing nice as well i stopped counting at 20 of them and it was not even lunch time yet. As fast eddie says '' IF YOU WANT FLAGS TO FLY THEN FIRE UP THE GRILL" and they did we ended up having a late lunch because the flags kept going up. We ended up with 16 perch and 1 crappie for the table. Kevin took better photos of the days events than the one i took at the end of the day we will try to up load them at a later time but i will include one that i took just before the cleaning chores. The perch were 8" to 12 and a half inches. it was a great day to be out there today...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210217_193727.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	147221  

Last edited by icebadger; 02-18-2021 at 09:42 PM..
Old 02-17-2021, 08:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: perch fest today

wow, now that's a fun time on the ice lotsa perch!
Old 02-17-2021, 09:23 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: perch fest today

Great to hear about the big day, Ice Badger. You tell a good nonfiction story and it was a pleasure to read. That's some great pickerel action, too, but the panifsh fascinated me, because some of us the other day were jigging for them and between them only one hit! We did see a guy down lake reel in a pickerel he jigged. All these years ice fishing, I've jigged for panfish only once (& did well.) I caught a 15-inch bass jigging when I was 17--but I was jigging for bass. The more I read about the jigging, the more appealing it seems.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: perch fest today

Hey now Badger! That’s some awesome action on the tip ups and those Perch look tasty! Great catching and I definitely stick by that saying. They can smell what your cooking under that ice for sure. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve run to a flag with a hotdog in my hand or mouth. It just happens. Lol! Enjoy those good eats!