NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Just throwing this out there - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-16-2016, 06:30 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Just throwing this out there

I have lurked these gorums from time to time in hopes of picking up whatever little bits of info I can. I recently lost my job and have taken up fishing in my free time between looking for work. I have always fished, but now I am making a more serious attempt. No livebaits just lures. My issue is that I did ok during july and august but now have not caught a fish since Sept 3rd and that is fishing almost every day. I fish bergen county. I throw a ton of different lures but get nothing. My biggest fish was about 2 pounds. I have no boat and very limited tackle because of the money situation. I just want to have the feeling again. Any tips? Any spots? I promise not to blow up your secret spot. I'm just desperate at this point
Old 09-16-2016, 06:42 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Just throwing this out there

In Bergen, try Scarlet Oak Pond in Mahwah. If that doesn't pan out, the Ramapo River is a few hundred feet away and will soon be stocked with trout for the fall.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:40 AM
NJFishing.com Member

I have fished Scarlet Oak with little success. No trout stamp unfortunately. Thankyou for the tip though
Old 09-16-2016, 08:26 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Can u get out at different times? I had a 3 week slump- water was too hot- had to go out at night / morning- usually a dusk evening guy

Also- I like crank baits or jerk baits around now- cover a lot of water- if fish seem pressured or finicky I know a lot of guys swear by drop shotted worms or swim baits

Could even dig up worms at the park or wait for rain-

Hope it helps
Tight lines
Old 09-16-2016, 09:58 AM
NJFishing.com Member

I fish every day from around 630 am until about 1030am.

I know little about dropshotting but funny that you mention it because it was my next youtube tutorial to look for. I have a few cranks but little luck. No jerkbaits because obviously times are tough and i am trying to fish what i have. Dropshot stuff should not be too expensive and i wont want to hang myself when i lose a lure like i do now. Shore fishing Moncsville lost me a crankbait and my only spinner in the same day. I nearly jumped in with rocks in my pockets
Old 09-16-2016, 11:40 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

you'd be surprised at how much decent tackle you can find in low lying trees and stuff.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 09-16-2016, 11:42 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGerbik View Post
I fish every day from around 630 am until about 1030am.

I know little about dropshotting but funny that you mention it because it was my next youtube tutorial to look for. I have a few cranks but little luck. No jerkbaits because obviously times are tough and i am trying to fish what i have. Dropshot stuff should not be too expensive and i wont want to hang myself when i lose a lure like i do now. Shore fishing Moncsville lost me a crankbait and my only spinner in the same day. I nearly jumped in with rocks in my pockets
Maybe try some less pressured waters? Sometimes small gets your mojo back- if you've got senkos hooks u just need a weight-nothing fancy

Cranks do well but I'm not great from shore with them my self-
Where in Bergen county are u?

Maybe try some late bite?
Old 09-16-2016, 11:48 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Im up near ramsey. I have about 5 ponds I hit and all are skunking me. Less pressured areas i dont really know about. I have gone later in the evening as well. Maybe i just suck haha
Old 09-16-2016, 02:03 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

You don't need a trout stamp to fish for trout, you just can't keep them. I would hit Darlington Lake in Mahwah. Big fish in there and you can catch them on rubber worms and crank baits. Just watch out for the all the weeds.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:16 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Yea i fish there sometimes. Frogs and chatters but the weeds kill. Ill give it another go thanks