NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fish and reptile double - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-25-2023, 10:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Fish and reptile double

Went carping in 80 degree Carnegie Lake this evening during a thunderstorm. Only one car was in the parking lot when I arrived. Put on my Grundens bibs, Columbia rain jacket and LaCrosse knee boots, then didn’t take them off until I returned to my car to go home 🏡 because the mosquitoes 🦟 were all over me the whole time that I was at the lake even in the rain. The sun came out late in the day when 9 subsistence fishermen arrived and killed everything in the lake. I threw out a can of corn 🌽 for chum, then did some ultralight jigging. Caught and released a white perch with a chartreuse Big Eye 1/32 oz twister tail jig on 2 lb test line. Lost 2 largemouth bass and a few other fish 🐟. Then I started using Bowl and Basket whole kernel corn 🌽 on 3 hooks with 12 lb test line on my French Mitchell #300. After I bent a hook while removing it from a turtle 🐢, I used my brother John’s Shakespeare Alpha 50 spinning outfit. Caught and released 6 bluegills, 2 musk turtles, and a redeared slider with corn bait.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4316.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	166563   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4320.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	166564   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4315.jpg
Views:	120