NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Tips for the Delaware - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-26-2019, 11:14 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Tips for the Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
Looks like you are branching out Hookmanski!!!! From good old Glen Gardner to the far reaches of the state. Helgramites are about $14 for 12 of them on 31 but they usually last thru a few fish (you will catch using them, kinda like fish crack!!). Good old Voorhees misses you.

Good Luck and let me know when you are heading down to Delaware. I live in P'Burg and can shoot down and meet you for some fishing.

Talk to you soon.
Hunter (aka Joe Tucker from Voorhees)
Definitely branching out!! Sounds good, next time I'm headed down that way I'll shoot you a PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Save $, and do in the Del. R. and some of the streams that feed it, just as described:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcBvjyulJuo

And, if you collect a Marginated Madtom (small species of catfish),.....big smallies love them more than hellgies.
This is an awesome video, definitely will give this a try. There's some perfect water to try this with close to the property. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWole View Post
Hi the Delaware this past Friday, caught 20 smallies, 2 over lbs. River conditions were perfect.
That's awesome!!! Can't wait to get down there again

One thing i just thought of, what is the licensing situation like? Am I ok with an NJ License or should i pick up a PA one too? Idk if i could get away without one while fishing on private property or not... any info would be great!
Old 08-26-2019, 12:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookmanski View Post
One thing i just thought of, what is the licensing situation like? Am I ok with an NJ License or should i pick up a PA one too? Idk if i could get away without one while fishing on private property or not... any info would be great!
You can fish either side of the river with a NJ or PA license. The rules for the state you are standing in apply.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSquatch View Post
You can fish either side of the river with a NJ or PA license. The rules for the state you are standing in apply.
Thanks Squatch! Glad to know i don't have to buy another license

Although i'll probably end up buying a PA license for some fall trout fishing anyways....