NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Ramapo River 5/25/15 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-27-2015, 08:43 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Ramapo River 5/25/15

Went out to the Ramapo again on Monday to see if I could re-create the action that I had from last trip. I managed to get on the water at around 11 and started off fishing the same pools as last time. I managed to land a rainbow on my first cast with my rapala, but shortly afterward I managed to lose it up in a tree and had to attempt to catch them with other lures. After about two hours of throwing every other type of floating rapala, spinner, etc. and not catching anything, I decided to run quickly to the local tackle shop and pick up some more countdowns and headed to try and fish a new stretch just downstream of one of my favorite holes. From that point on, I was nailing fish left and right! In some of the deeper and slower flowing holes I was encountering fish every other cast! It's a shame my Go pro died just as the fishing was getting good. I guess I need more than two batteries for it in order to film my extremely long trips . Overall spent 9 hours on the Ramapo and landed somewhere around a dozen trout and a few smallmouth with at least twice as many spit hooks and follows.

Here's the Go Pro footage of the first half of the trip I managed to record. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLkFlqxyTuU
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1350.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	83312   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1354.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	83313   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1355.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	83314  
Old 05-27-2015, 10:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Ramapo River 5/25/15

Great vid!!!!Nothing like putting a bend in an Ugly Stick!!!!!! The Po is lookin Low!!!!!

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 05-28-2015, 12:31 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Ramapo River 5/25/15

ALL the streams and rivers are very low. Looks like the Slam-A-Po is living up to it's name, thanx for the report !!!!!