NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Striped bass: - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 11:46 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Striped bass:

I know this is going to get locked soon... I know we're off topic, but some of these thoughts ARE relevant to this discussion... It is the permissive attitude in some states, that lead to things like rampant poaching and a total disregard of size and bag limits... These things have always happened, but lets be real, when you get a big influx of folks from totally different cultures, without a stake in the culture and heritage of a nation/state, or even a town, you get language and culture issues that are hard to resolve.

All I know is this- the quality of life for everyone was better, and things such as poaching, stealing from stores in broad daylight, total disregard for the rule of law and social decorum were not near as prevalent as they are today when each citizen had a stake in his culture and heritage... "Melting Pot" societies do NOT always flourish, even though it may be politically incorrect to dare mention that fact... I have no axe to grind with anyone, but the NE states have degraded due to a disregard for the rule of law, and societal norms that we accepted for many years.. Is it really poaching or merely "fishing to feed their families"? I don't know, but the increases we see today coincide with the changing demographics in many urban areas in the NE.... We see it here in upstate NY, but its minute to what you NJ guys deal with..... bob

Last edited by bulletbob; 03-14-2024 at 12:05 PM..
Old 03-14-2024, 01:18 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Seriously Bob,you moved out of state years ago... please let it go.Is there not a fishing forum in NY that you can jump on and remind everyone what a shit hole Jersey is?...I'm awful tired of your griping...meanwhile I'll continue to enjoy the worldclass fisheries that we have here...be it freshwater or saltwater.
Old 03-14-2024, 06:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranautic al View Post
Seriously Bob,you moved out of state years ago... please let it go.Is there not a fishing forum in NY that you can jump on and remind everyone what a shit hole Jersey is?...I'm awful tired of your griping...meanwhile I'll continue to enjoy the worldclass fisheries that we have here...be it freshwater or saltwater.
Exactly! Not as much about Bob but the non 3rd world/ world class fisheries we have here!

Last edited by dales529; 03-14-2024 at 06:05 PM..
Old 03-14-2024, 06:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

You guys are bunch of bullies. Leave Bob alone. The chem trails in upper NY state take a lot out of you.

I’m joking Bob of course……….but wait for it…….right Dave ?

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Closed Thread