NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Hello Everyone - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Post Hello Everyone

A little about myself, ,name is Brandon,36 years old,live in east rutherford not working right now, due to a requested layoff from work, following 2 minor invasive lung surgeries in the past 9 months..minor invasive, but major life changers, maybe i can share more about the whys, how etc with some of u personally one day while fishing..

anyhow, i used to fish, everyday basicly as a teen right down at the passaic river in passaic where i was born and raised, across the bridge in wallington,garfield,lodi etc..caught everything from the usual carp, eels, bass, perch...i also loved fishing the lakes, greenwood, hopatcong, musconetcong, budd lake, just to name a few...i had a lot more fishing tackle then, dont know where it all went, poles and all, but i been picking up tackle here and there lately to start my collection all over..

i then moved onto other hobbies, fishing hit the back burner,untill recently the past 2 months or so, i been hitting the passaic river almost everyday, or a local pond near me catching carp, small crappie just to get out to fish..

i followed the river last week in search of some of the spots my uncles used to take me to fish the passaic river,where we caught trout, bass etc, but i just couldnt remember the spots or areas, nothing seemed familiar, and it seems like thers a lot more private property now, so i couldnt pull over to fish areas that looked decent...

i started searching the internet in hopes to find some better fishing spots and found this site, im been lurking and reading for a few weeks before i decided to join and introduce myself and maybe meet some good people that like to fish as much as i do again..any free time i have, which is a lot right now , fishing is all i try to get out to do, by myself or with my 11 year old son, who has taken a liking to it as well, long as hes catching fish, myself i enjoy it regardless, its relaxing ...

if anyone ever wants to meet up to fish, ide love to, i would like to have more places to fish, other than the local passaic river areas i know, that seem to only produce carp, im tired of carping, prefer some of those LMB and SMB , pike etc i see being pulled out the river...

hopefully im welcomed to your fishing community, and can build new friendships here with local fishing lovers like myself..

if anyone has any tips or info they can share with me via pm or a post in the thread, its greatly appreciated, i know that no one wants to give up there secret locations, tips and thats fine, but general ideas or info will be a great help

Brandon..

Last edited by fishin4fun; 07-20-2012 at 02:03 PM..
Old 07-20-2012, 04:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome Brandon. What I tell everyone is go back and read the 50 some pages of reports, posts, etc. Keep an eye on your PM inbox, intel comes around in strange ways around here sometimes.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome to the site man. Your introduction was AWESOME!!! Feel free to ask questions. TIGHT LINES!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:58 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Hello Everyone

thanks guys, ive been skimming from page 67 down, made it to page 50, dont be suprised if a few old threads are revived...
Old 07-21-2012, 11:16 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

welcome, use the 'search' function for info in your area.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:49 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

thanks tycomps...