NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

A PB @ Seeley's Pond in Watchung - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-22-2012, 04:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: A PB @ Seeley's Pond in Watchung

that trout wouldnt have made it, u did the right thing, especially a stockie, thats why they are there. Really nice fish, awesome catch!! side note: I work in sussex county and theres a pond right next to the county college thats got bass in it and the PBA puts about 1000 trout in a year for derby's and what not. A few weeks ago a co-worker and myself hit it for some bass after work and after getting around the other side we found almost 2 dozen trout in the mouth of a drainage tube trying to survive the hot water and 2 dead ones floating. a few were nice and one 3-4 lbs all sitting there in reach. we ran back to his house got a net and a small tub and caught all of them via net and tubbed them w a small bubbler. I ran them down to aeroflex (waywayanda) and released them off the boat ramp. They swam away just fine, but their color and gills looked rough, Im hoping they lived for someone to catch (hopefully me lol) I never realized how many stocked trout die each year that arent caught because they cannot survive the summer where they are placed, its kinda stupid to me, Im against that type of stocking
Old 06-24-2012, 01:33 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: A PB @ Seeley's Pond in Watchung

Wow that's a a huge fish. I knew they were in there but never saw anyone catch one. I have gone there a few times and have never really caught anything there. I always feel that this is one of the worst places to fish so I am glad someone got a big one there. Anyway anybody have suggestion on time and bait for successful fishing at Seeley's? thanks!