NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

The end of a fishing access, Pohatcong, NJ! - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-29-2020, 10:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: The end of a fishing access, Pohatcong, NJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookmanski View Post
I grew up in hunterdon, lived there almost 20 years and you're right, the cats out of the bag! Couldn't believe how many people I saw fishing when I was last out that way.

This whole thing really is a shame.
Let's hope when the lockdown ends people will go down the shore again instead of HC!
Old 05-29-2020, 03:15 PM
dakota560

Not telling anyone what to do but like many, I've had it with the people who lack respect and responsibility and pose real threats to the sport we love and need. The attached pics are from an area I fish from shore where the owners allows people to fish but have concerns about littering and liability. Completely understandable and really the concerns every property owner has. I've spoken to the owners, husband and wife, who are great people. They agreed to keep the area open as long as littering didn't happen and privileges weren't abused.

Wednesday night I heard from people I know that a particular group of locals who fish there left an absolute mess behind. Were drinking, loud, obnoxious at late hours when resident are trying to sleep. Just slobs brought up with no values. I made a promise to the home owner if he allowed fishing, I'd do everything possible along with a few good friends who fish there as well to keep the place clean. I went up last night not to fish but to check the place out and the below pics are what I found. Beers cans, bottles, cigarette butts, pizza boxes, broken glass, food tins all over the place. The owners have a golden retriever who walks the property so just a matter of time before the dog steps on broken glass and we all know the outcome then. Took 15 minutes to clean it up, put it in a trash bag and place it in an area not 20 feet away designated for garbage.

If we have any hopes of protecting future shore access points, we should all have F&G and local police numbers in our phones on speed dial. I'm going to speak with the group next time I see them and essentially tell them if it happens again I'm going to the home owner to have them restricted from using the property. If not, this place will no doubt be the next Pohatcong. It's an absolute disgrace and I hate the saying but caused by local white trash. Not going to lose another spot to idiots. If necessary, I'll video what's happening for proof and turn the video over to the homeowner so he can turn it over to authorities and have the offenders prosecuted.

Trespassing and littering carry significant fines. Get it on video and call the authorities. Until people threatening our sport are held accountable for their actions, their complete disrespect of owners, nature, the fishery and essentially everything in life, the Pohatcong story will repeat itself over and over and there won't be a place to fish from shore in the state.

As pissed off as Eddie was when he posted the story about the Pohatcong closure, it's the same level of pissed off we should all have when we witness this stuff happening. Three kinds of people in life. People who make things happen, people who watch things happen and people who ask what just happened. I choose group 1 over 2 and 3 regardless of consequences. Absolutely sick and tired of people with genetic defects ruining life's pleasures for everyone else. Sorry for the tirade but this shit has got to stop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200529_035320.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	141154   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200529_035537.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	141155   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200529_035325.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	141156   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200529_035331.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	141157  

Last edited by dakota560; 05-29-2020 at 08:31 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 05:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: The end of a fishing access, Pohatcong, NJ!

Well stated Tom! I can’t believe locals would abuse the advantage they have by destroying that spot. Unreal! The level of stupidity is amazing. Some people have zero common sense. Thank you for posting this. You word things well and pretty much said what I wanted to say but couldn’t get it into words at the time. Let’s make a conscious effort as NJ fishermen to keep our open spaces and fishing spots clean. Don’t let trashy people trash your spots. Period!!!!!
Old 05-29-2020, 07:18 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Never could understand those who litter, it just doesn't make any sense to me. Who does that or thinks that is acceptable behavior? And another thing, with no offense intended to those who smoke and clean up, when did it become acceptable to flick cigarette butts all over the place, I see them everywhere and it pisses me off
Old 05-30-2020, 05:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

There must have been 20 of them partying. The cops do nothing. Thanks for cleaning up the mess Tom

Last edited by NJSquatch; 05-30-2020 at 05:32 PM..
Old 05-30-2020, 07:19 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

People still there!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0326.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	141216  
Old 05-30-2020, 08:22 PM
dakota560

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSquatch View Post
There must have been 20 of them partying. The cops do nothing. Thanks for cleaning up the mess Tom
Duane, that group know the cops very well, they turn a blind eye. That's part of the problem. I have nothing against people having a good time but this is well beyond a good time and is going to eventually put that place off limits.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Re: The end of a fishing access, Pohatcong, NJ!

Took a ride to the spot Sunday morning. 6 cars parked on the side of the road with no overnight parking tickets on them. Approximately 20 people camping and having a good ole time. Kids were swimming in the hole. The Railroad company posted a sign on the side of the road. There’s no ordinance number on the sign!?!?!?
Old 06-13-2020, 11:15 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
Took a ride to the spot Sunday morning. 6 cars parked on the side of the road with no overnight parking tickets on them. Approximately 20 people camping and having a good ole time. Kids were swimming in the hole. The Railroad company posted a sign on the side of the road. There’s no ordinance number on the sign!?!?!?
Trespassing on railroad property is defined as defiant trespassing
N.J.S.A. 2C:18-3

Got these kind of signs near me. I'de rather deal with local cops then the gustapo csx police.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:39 PM
dakota560

Print out the attached emblem and place it on the windshield of your car. If anyone from the RR stops you at zero dark thirty, tell them you're part of the newly organized NJ F&G Special Forces Unit recently formed to save the Delaware from the encroachment of the highly invasive Flathead. Unit is "STFU" or Stop The Flathead Unit. Tell them operation is sanctioned by Murphy, highly classified and any attempts to impede your efforts will result in double secret probation.

Refer them to N.J.S.A. 2C:18-4 which supersedes all conditions concerning N.J.S.A. 2C:18-3. That should resolve any problems accessing that stretch.

Hahaha! This is awesome! Thanks Tom! I will definitely give this a shot!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NJFG Shield.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	141738  

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 06-14-2020 at 04:16 PM..