NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Rutgers Student - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:34 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Rutgers Student

Hey everyone,
Been poking around this site for a few weeks now and leant a lot. Im from Los angeles, ca and i am a transfer student at rutgers. I love fishing and would love to start fishing in a new state. I have been told about a few close spots to the school (new brunswick). i was told about westons mill pond, farrington lake and the raritan river. i was told my best bet would be westons or farrington but the river is just the closest (got no wheels).

I went down to the river a couple of times (a 30 min walkish) and just saw a dead carp in the river park and little sunfish in the canal park.

the school also has a fishing club that i hope to join and that should help too.

any info would be awesome
Chaim
Old 09-01-2012, 12:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Rutgers Student

Welcome to NJ!

If you don't have a car, you're going to be extremely limited as to where you can fish around there. The Raritan is probably your best bet in that case. If you can join that fishing club and get together with members who have cars, there are a lot of opportunities in that area. The canal that runs along the Raritan has some good pickerel and bass fishing, and also has some pretty big catfish. The Millstone River nearby is stocked with pike. Spooky Brook Pond in Franklin is also worth a shot; it doesn't look like much, but I've caught several 3-4 lb. bass from it in the past.
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube