NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Are comprants destroying lake fishing for trout? - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-20-2015, 02:24 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Are comprants destroying lake fishing for trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigman13 View Post
Two things: quit smoking... And bump some Wu; its for the children!
Diversify your bonds man
Old 04-20-2015, 02:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

thoughts for both discussions

- NJ trout fishing is a put and take fishery, always has, always will be. There are very few places that will support holdover trout and almost none that support natives. Stocking provides recreation and needed money for F&G.

Speaking selfishly for myself now, I am disabled and the only opportunity I have to fish for trout other than traveling and hiring a drift boat is to go to a pond with my wheelchair.

I think cormorants can have an effect on a small pond that gets stocked with "cormorant candy". In NY they now run boats offshore in lake Ontario to avoid the cormorants.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:45 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thoughts for both discussions

- NJ trout fishing is a put and take fishery, always has, always will be. There are very few places that will support holdover trout and almost none that support natives. Stocking provides recreation and needed money for F&G.

Speaking selfishly for myself now, I am disabled and the only opportunity I have to fish for trout other than traveling and hiring a drift boat is to go to a pond with my wheelchair.

I think cormorants can have an effect on a small pond that gets stocked with "cormorant candy". In NY they now run boats offshore to stock in lake Ontario to avoid the cormorants.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:13 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Log you're one of the rare NJ trout fisherpeople who don't go after stocked trout, keep this is mind: your fishing license fee is largely dependent on how many people buy licenses to support the hatchery operations plus NJDEP overhead. My two older sons now need licenses and after watching the devil birds suck down stocked trout last year, they didn't bother with licenses and the trout stamps this year. Teens are very logical creatures of raised right -- they're doing other things this spring. So, their fees didn't add to the revenue stream this time and I'm sure they have plenty of company.

This really is pretty stupid compared to the way we thought before leftist tree huggers ruined logic. Can you imagine people defending Canada goose habitat near airports had Sully's Miracle on the Hudson occurred in 1981 or so? Good Jesus. Geese almost being down a plane = geese threatening aviation all die the next day.

This used to be one helluva country.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:15 PM
NJFishing.com Member

My typos in the above come from old age and bad eyesight. Hope you cN decipher. Don't get me started on autocorrect and the small size of iPhone 5s screens.