NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

All you HYBRID guy's step INSIDE..... - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-24-2015, 02:31 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default All you HYBRID guy's step INSIDE.....

I'm gonna try my luck this weekend (Have a 4 day weekend) for the first time fishing for Hybrids at Manasquan Res. I'm just not really sure what the best way to go about this, and I hear the chicken liver is a real bitch keeping it on the hook. I was suggested to use #4 & #6 baitholder hooks, I also read to use a treble hook, because it's easier to hold the bait. If I could just get some info, on the setup you use, kinda hook,what kind of sinker, size to cut the chicken live up, and how far to run the sinker up from the hook. As of last Sunday, I'm still catching some pretty good largemouth out of Manasquan, so i have to assume that I still should be able to catch Hybrids??? Or should I just stick to Largemouth and smallies, and not bother with Hybrids??? Thank you guy's, I just joined the forum about a month ago, and I have to say, it's a great place for information with a GREAT bunch of guy's. I will be def. be giving back to the board helping others when I can.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: All you HYBRID guy's step INSIDE.....

was out this weekend up north and it was very SLOW compared to the past weekends...only managed 6 dink hybrids....talked with a bunch of guys and nothing much going on....good luck...
Old 11-24-2015, 07:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I'm assuming it's slowed down but I'm going to give it a last shot too on cong just cause my friend wants to. Don't use a treble hook. Use a decent sized in line circle hook 1/0 probably good. Put a little weight up above it maybe 2 feet, I don't think it matters much. Put a half on there and just drop it down. Leave the drag loose and keep the chum going.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 11-25-2015, 08:40 AM
Site Sponsor

Havent tried it yet but old school way I used to catfish was take chicken liver and put it in pantyhose then hook it, if your havin trouble with it flying off the hook.... really no need to cast it drop it straight down ur good goodluck,
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 11-25-2015, 09:08 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Few quick wraps with floss or elastic thread and you'll be set. Cast gently or sink it below the boat.

Plenty of conversations on here regarding the hybrids, search function will be your best friend.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:34 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Chum heavy. Get them frenzied.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:50 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I was out saturday on LH and did well. My gopro was dead so i didnt put up a report. Had about 25 fish but most of them were schoolies only about 5 were 23 to 24 inch fish. I had a few boats come next to me but they didnt do anything idk how or what they were using. My advice is to search rly well b4 u drop a line. They dont rly start biting til the sun is fully up and die off by noon. I jig from sunrise til 8 or 9 and i mark waypoints of where i see marks and bait near eachother and go back and set up on them. I caught them in the main lake basin this weekend in 48 fow the deepest ive ever fished them yet. Find bait and marks and use the right bait and technique and u will catch them

Last edited by jimmythegreek; 11-25-2015 at 11:00 AM..
Old 11-25-2015, 12:19 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I cant thank you guy's enough, this is a awesome site. I should enough info taken from what you all had to say (even the private messages) I will head out Friday, it's supposed to be 63-64 degrees, so I'm hoping for the best. If I fail at hybrids, at least I have the rest of the day to fish for LM & SM. I will def. let you guy's know how i did, and hopefully have pics to post. Here is a pic. from last Sunday of one of the decent Bass my daughter and I caught, and of course, my best fishing buddy...Diesel wanting to eat the fish...LOL

Last edited by Rich196; 11-25-2015 at 12:23 PM..
Old 11-25-2015, 05:26 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: All you HYBRID guy's step INSIDE....

Eagle claw Lazer Sharp pro baiter hooks........