NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Rvr 9/4 & 9/6 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-06-2011, 06:07 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Rvr 9/4 & 9/6

Headed out to RVR this past Sunday around 6:30 AM but only lasted an hour out there as the wife was in a bad way with the stomach flu and phoned me to come home. I did manage one fish a little under 2 LBS (pic below) so not too bad.

I took the afternoon off from work to take care of an errand and was really hoping for better weather to get some fishing in for lat this afternoon. Since the weather didn't cooperate out came the raincoat and I went fishing anyways. It was just a miserable day weather-wise, I caught a dink that wasn't much bigger than the 6" worm I was using. A few casts later I caught one around the same size as the one from Sunday. Not much after that, it looked like the rain was going to hold up a bit but then it really started coming down in buckets and I got drenched and cold. Glad I was able to get out but not much fun for the ride home.

Hoping for dryer weather this weekend and good health for the family!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Rvr 9/4 & 9/6

Nice fish!

I was out there Sunday for the first time. My initial impressions were "Damn this place is big!", "Damn this water is clear!", and "This is impossible without my fish finder!". Ended up with 3 Smallies, I guess not too bad considering I was in my kayak, it was my first time there, had no fishfinder, and got on the lake around 11am. Theres almost no fishable structure there besides the submerged weedbeds.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek