NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Petition to stop new MCR time restrictions - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-10-2023, 07:49 PM
Old Soft Salt

Default Re: Petition to stop new MCR time restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
I will be joining the band of angry kayakers at the harmony township meeting on tuesday night. hopefully i will be joined by some more anglers.
I was out of town that day otherwise I would of attended.
Did you go?
Old 04-12-2023, 11:42 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
I was out of town that day otherwise I would of attended.
Did you go?
yes. there weren't too many anglers there but i made sure the mayors office and commissioners understood how anyone who purchased a fishing license in the past few decades paid for that fishery and deserves the right to fish it based on the original hours when the agreement was made to stock it. and also the hit that local commerce will take when people stop going there due to this. they seemed to be genuinely concerned with trying to stop this.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 04-12-2023, 12:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I attended the Fish & Game Council meeting virtually yesterday. Lisa Barno confirmed that there is nothing the state can do about access but F&W met with MCR and expressed their disappointment with the time change.

She indicated the reason for the time change is due to MCR's limited security resources and because people would not respect the sundown closing time.

I made a pubic comment echoing Chris's comment about the fishery being built with public monies and that the state should not be stocking private lakes for which they do not have any input or control over public access.
Old 04-12-2023, 01:47 PM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
yes. there weren't too many anglers there but i made sure the mayors office and commissioners understood how anyone who purchased a fishing license in the past few decades paid for that fishery and deserves the right to fish it based on the original hours when the agreement was made to stock it. and also the hit that local commerce will take when people stop going there due to this. they seemed to be genuinely concerned with trying to stop this.
Thanks for the update. I appreciate your due diligence.
Old 04-12-2023, 02:06 PM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSquatch View Post
I attended the Fish & Game Council meeting virtually yesterday. Lisa Barno confirmed that there is nothing the state can do about access but F&W met with MCR and expressed their disappointment with the time change.

She indicated the reason for the time change is due to MCR's limited security resources and because people would not respect the sundown closing time.
Respect the sundown closing?? WTF, so if they close earlier that would make people respect it more?
I don't know about anybody else but I don't want to get locked in at sunset or any other time.

What security are they they referring to?
I have fished there dozens of times from shore and boat.
There's been no one at the ramp shack for a couple of years.
You might see a work truck driving around but that's it.

I call BS
Old 04-12-2023, 04:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Respect the sundown closing?? WTF, so if they close earlier that would make people respect it more?
I don't know about anybody else but I don't want to get locked in at sunset or any other time.

What security are they they referring to?
I have fished there dozens of times from shore and boat.
There's been no one at the ramp shack for a couple of years.
You might see a work truck driving around but that's it.

I call BS
It is all BS! MCR has no interest in allowing the public to access the property. This is all leading to a complete closure.
Old 04-12-2023, 11:49 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Would suspect this is all about liability exposure and yes eventually like too many other places MCR will be closed for some innocuous reason. Enjoy it while it lasts.

People weren't respecting the sundown closure.....really. Lock the gates and fine them each $1,000 per incident when the phantom security guards have to come to let them out. Problem solved.

This is going to not end well, similar to when access rights to the Delaware were taken away on River Road in Phillipsburg because the train company didn't want anyone trespassing on their property. Their property! You have one of the most majestic rivers in the state if not the country that should rightfully be accessible to the public and you have one corporation that occasionally uses the tracks and miraculously has the ability to deny those access points to anyone else who enjoys the great outdoors.

This is all about politicians/corporations/lawyers making decisions that are in the best interest of their personal agendas and not in the best interest of the public who need these areas to enjoy nature and combat mental illness that everyone agrees is so much needed these days post COVID. What better way is there to enjoy life than to be out on the water, fishing with family and friends, a nice hike in a park and getting out of the concrete world and spending a day simply enjoying nature that this beautiful impoundment affords us. All these important points aren't necessarily lost in making decisions like this for MCR, they're completely ignored by the bureaucrats making them.

Last edited by Broad Bill; 04-13-2023 at 09:04 AM..
Old 04-13-2023, 04:58 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Signed !
Old 04-13-2023, 07:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Once again people this is private property. We have no more right to go there or your back yards. Appealing will very likely be more successful than demanding. The public utility commissions of both NJ and PA would be where I think the most help would come. My opinion. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-13-2023, 09:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lyons View Post
Once again people this is private property. We have no more right to go there or your back yards. Appealing will very likely be more successful than demanding. The public utility commissions of both NJ and PA would be where I think the most help would come. My opinion. Fingers crossed.
They don’t let private owners build a reservoir for their use . Tap it out of the Delaware river without granting some type of access in the original agreements

More than likely those originally involved knowing where that agreement was specified have passed on , so now they are trying to change it.

I also doubt FG would have invested the time and money into all the fish stocking that went on during the build and after .

They put thousands of bass in there before the reservoir was even filled to capacity. .

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club