NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Raritan river 7 hr. float -tough day 5/6: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-06-2012, 04:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Raritan river 7 hr. float -tough day 5/6:

Moz and I put in at the statue in Raritan. Went past Nevieus and hit it hard. We got out of the canoe and pounded every fast run we came across. We worked hard and scratched out a few smallmouth and a couple small stripers. We fished all kinds of baits, tough day. Moz did get a big white perch in Bound Brook, and all the stripers I was catching the other day were gone, did they move on the full moon ??? More questions than answers today. The water was pretty off, even for the low levels, maybe the muddy water came from the Lamington. Not making excuses, I know the fish are there. I had a big fish on in Manville on a saltwater plug, a big head shake and it was gone. We got out at the 2nd 287 crossing.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Raritan river 7 hr. float -tough day 5/6:

Thanks for the day out on the Raritan Andy. Very cool that my question about parking to you led to me being first mate on the canoe!

I had a good day even though the bite was mostly off. I did get one of the firsts of my short list with a striper and even though the white perch wasn't on my list it was a first again. Thing is had that thing shook off before I got it out to ID it I would be lamenting losing a small shad as that's what I thought it was when I first saw it at the surface!

Some pics of the day, including that whopper red-breasted sunfish.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:02 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Raritan river 7 hr. float -tough day 5/6:

Tough day, don't worry you'll get em next time.