NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

There Are No Fish In Michigan - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2023, 11:13 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default There Are No Fish In Michigan

Just got back from 10 days in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I made a few halfhearted attempts to fish but came up empty. The great lakes shore fishery is tough this time of year since the water warmed up and the fish are all out in the deep and the coastlines are shallow and waste deep 100 yards out.

They are into their Whitefish up there and the tribes pretty much have the Commercial Market cornered. Every restaurant you go to has Whitefish and Perch on the menu and if the tribes don't fish, you won't get it.

Did not see a lot of people fishing there, it seemed like I was the only one. Last stop we made was in Frankfort MI on Lake Michigan and as luck would have it, they had a Salmon Tournament going on and I met and talked to a few fishermen there https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fr...qpbl?entry=ttu

This time of year until early October the Salmon run is on and the fish are coming in from Lake Michigan into the bays and rivers making them pretty easy to target...Most people troll for them at the mouth of and in the inlet and some jig... We saw several fish come clear out of the water.

The guys I spoke to and spent some time with had a boat and most of the action is apparently an hour or two before and after sunset and sundown. They usually fish the mornings, come back in and relax and head out again the evenings. They typically get 5-10 Salmon each time they head out, The average fish is in the teens with an occasional 25 plus pound fish.

Nice people up there for sure.... They invited me out fishing the following day but we had to leave for the airport first thing in the AM I did however get an invite for this time next year. Pretty tempting and I would bet this would be right up the alley for many of you here on the site.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area