NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

~*~ Singing the Blues ~*~ - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-17-2016, 02:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default ~*~ Singing the Blues ~*~

Well,

With my current job relocating to Secaucus, I been pretty much of the grid lately. No time at all to go anywhere. But finally with move complete and behind me I was able to get this weekend only way I know how. Staying out all weekend long.

From Friday to Saturday - Delaware.

With waters being up did not fish the usual spot but was fishing next to it. With fire burning all night and bbq being made it was a good night to fish.

Chicken livers seems to be doing all the work and fish was being hooked constantly. Problem was getting them out of the water. With a lot of places to hide lines were getting snapped left and right and lots of fish was lost. Stripers and channels were the main culpits so by the end of the night only few were actually caught and brought out. We were only people out and even though I lost a lot of gear still was a great night for me. Had a visit from CO Holmes early in a morning and as always was a pleasure talking to him.

We left in afternoon and headed out to get a little rest.

On Sunday decided to go and get some salt in our veins. Fished from Keansburg all the way to Barnegat Bay with no love so by afternoon decided to head over to Mike's spot and just relax and fish of the rocks.

Well that's when it was time to sing the blues. Ocean came alive at 3pm and until we left at 5 it was constant work. Was impossible for me to work two poles with hits coming pretty much as soon as bait hit the water. It was a bluesanity and once again I went through about 100 dollars worth of rigs, weights and hooks not to mention bait. Stopped counting after 30 blues were hooked and only reason we stopped fishing at 5 was because we ran out of pretty much everything. Biggest blue for me came at 15lbs and my friends were not that much behind.

All fish except two smaller blues were released to fight another day.

No pictures since I finally managed to drown my phone when I got tired of loosing fish up at Delaware and jumped in a water. 45 minutes later I still lost him though. Shucks.

Great to see everyone having a banner spring. Keep it up.

P.S. yes I lost all the numbers so eddy you finally managed to get rid of me. LoL

Tight Lines

Andre
Old 05-17-2016, 03:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: ~*~ Singing the Blues ~*~

Classic Andre post

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 05-17-2016, 03:58 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Rob,

You know it. Unless something happened I was not fishing. Now if only someone will tell me how did I manage to loose my lens from glasses I would love them forever. And no water was not that cold but that could be due to hmm well you know how we fish. I am still surprised we had it in us to clean up all the mess from people who were there before us as well as our own.

Just two more weeks left till my vacation. Then I can start talking smack again.

Andre
Old 05-17-2016, 05:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: ~*~ Singing the Blues ~*~

Holy moly! It's an Andre report! I thought you were D.E.E.D..............DEAD!!!!! Glad you and the other maniacs you hang out with caught some fish! That's awesome! Wish I could've warned you about the dreaded sandbar at that spot! Fish dive right into it and if you don't retrieve the heavy weight fast enough your screwed! Ahhhh, it happens! As long as your having fun and catching something!

I couldn't be happier that you lost your phone! This is the best news I've heard since 2016 started! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

TIGHT LINEZ my BROTHER!!!
Old 05-17-2016, 06:51 PM
Banned

Great post, Those gator bluefish are a blast to hook into. They'll give ya a run for you're money. Should of tossed some plugs at 'em after all the bait/rigs were damaged. That's the right way to catch those yellow eyed demons of the sea
Old 05-17-2016, 07:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Save the bait hooks and rigs and throw heavy topwater or tins with single hooks.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:59 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

glad your back in the saddle ...was wondering if we would see any ridiculous all weekend tales again
Old 05-18-2016, 07:34 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

this is like reading a book with no pictures....
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 05-18-2016, 08:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thank you all.

Trust me I lost everything. Even before I run out of rigs I ran out of every single diamond jig that I had. Didn't have anything topwater though. It was fishing frenzy all the way so had to make best of it with what I had. Using steel leaders didn't help (but they were freshwater). Still looking for 20 + striper of the surf. It just a matter of time before it happens. That Farrington pike bested me though, will wait till ice time again to go after it.

Andre
Old 05-18-2016, 08:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

You just flat out crazy dude...Glad you got into them good. Love catchin blue fishes.