NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

~*~ Wendnesday and Thursday Nights ~*~ - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-14-2015, 06:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default ~*~ Wendnesday and Thursday Nights ~*~

Quick Night Updates

Wednesday Night - Farrington - 8pm till Midnight

Bait - Shinners

Quick and productive run to Farrington. My friend wanted some crappies and well, I have to deliver don't I.

Went to my usual go to spot at Farrington and, nothing but some small stinky catfish. Urghhhh .... Stayed there for two hours before making a quick move to spot that always, always produced for me. What a great move. Within 5 minutes found myself a boatload of crappies and had at them for next 2 hours. Landed 6 beautiful specimen from 10 to 13 inches. 2 Were kept for late dinner and rest went back to get fatter. Want to see a nice fat one to come out there one of those days.

Thursday Night - Spruce Run - from 9:30pm till 1:30am

Bait: Worms and Chicken Livers

Something about the weather told me that will be a night to go for some brids. Thankfully with water down have access to my never fails go to spot.

Got to the spot with my friend and it didn't take long to deliver again. Seeing him missed two solid hits it was my turn to school the youngster. By schooling I mean showing how not to fish. If you thought having me to dive in the Delaware would teach me something you were wrong. Once again I locked the reel only to hear first my bell going of and then rod hitting the water again. Quick thinking on my friends part resulted at rod being grabbed before it went for a swim. Hook was set and first striper was on board. Not to big but nice and fat. Love it.
turns out he would be the only one since for the rest of the night catfish were out maneuvering the brids.

Besides the brid seeing couple of shooting stars made the night as well.

Ooo and best part about picking up one from the shore. Doing it right in front of the guys on the boat that made couple of passes over the spot. Love it.

Tight lines all

Andre
Old 08-14-2015, 07:02 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: ~*~ Wendnesday and Thursday Nights ~*~

Sounds like your having fun buddy! Some tasty fish caught as well! How many fishing poles do you have left that work? No swimming on these trips?
Old 08-14-2015, 07:11 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ha ha ha Eddy,

They all work. Brid was caught on the one that has a handle missing on the reel, so you know it took me forever to bring that bugger in.

What can I say, I make use with what I have. Still surprise that brid took that rod in. That's an saltwater set up on it and its pretty damn heavy. Power of that bugger was amazing.

No swimming I only went knees deep to get it.

Love my new truck. Was driving for hours yesterday and by the time I got home had my gauge showing that I had more gas than before.

Andre
Old 08-14-2015, 09:29 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrushkin33 View Post

Ooo and best part about picking up one from the shore. Doing it right in front of the guys on the boat that made couple of passes over the spot. Love it.
I'm amazed by all the time you can squeeze in during the week.

Those boaters should know better than to run over the spot where shore anglers are fishing. A boater has 1000 acres to fish. The shore angler only has the 30 or so yards in front of him.

A long time ago, I freaked out on a boater after they ran over my line in two feet of water. I started screaming and throwing rocks at them and they took off.

I was told of an incident a while back at Round Valley where some boaters were getting yelled at by shore anglers, so they came ashore and there was a confrontation. Then they got back in their boat and start doing donuts over the shore anglers' area. This was back before phones had cameras, so nothing became of it.

My rule of thumb is to go no closer than 50 yards to a shore angler in deep water and no closer than 100 yards in shallow water. Unless they are fishing at the boat ramp and there is no way to go around them.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Perseids meteor shower was last night, that's what you saw shooting across the sky!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 08-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Old Soft Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk City View Post
Perseids meteor shower was last night, that's what you saw shooting across the sky!
Are you sure it wasn't his unattended rod rocketing through the sky?
Old 08-14-2015, 12:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sometimes when I need new gear I just bottom fish in areas where Andre was the night before and dredge up his lost stuff
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 08-14-2015, 02:58 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk City View Post
Was on the river the other night during the meteor shower. Must've seen 30-40 shoot across the sky. Some were pretty epic--bright, few seconds long, and colorful. Pretty awesome stuff!!!