NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

~*~ Sandy Hook, Rockaways, Hopatcong and Spruce~*~ - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-09-2015, 08:28 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default ~*~ Sandy Hook, Rockaways, Hopatcong and Spruce~*~

Ahhh finally managed to sneak out for some fishing.

Friday Night - Sandy Hook and Rockaways

Finally convinced my friend to join me for the hunt for stripers and off to Sandy Hook we went. I promised myself to pull on out from surf and finally managed to deliver on that promise.

Of course being me it would help to noted that I lost my clam knife when that bastard snapped shut on my finger and scared the hell out of me but hey that's what fishing is for.

Finally managed to get my striper of the rocks fishing the bay side. Was about 24 inches so back he went. With rain pounding we left around 830pm and headed over to rockaways where we got skunked like no tomorrow.

Don't care still got my first one and that's something to be happy about.

Got home around 2am and proceed with changing my gear for some Hopatcong fishing. Left at 4:30am being up for 24 hours already.

Hopatcong and Spruce:

Update coming up.

So got to Hopatcong around 6am on Saturday. Got a boat from Laura and off we went. While our hopes were high, they quickly went down. Everyone wanted to be chief and no one wanted to be an indian. Searched half of the lake moving from spot to spot to no avail. All we had to show for the day was a meazly perch that was probably more confused then I was. Of course voice of reason kept on telling to follow the birds but with everyone being tipsy mutiny followed and that voice was not heard. Stopped messing around at 2 pm and proceeded to ran off the lake with tail between our legs. As we were leaving met the guys that left at the same time as us and they had a banner day. To everyones suprsie but my own of course they were fishing area with birds.

Anyways after leaving I convinced everyone to head over to Spruce to repair our mojos. And repair we did. Chicken livers were in full force bringing multiple brids in short order. Me and my friend were going head to head with him pulling the fish out seconds after I would get my. Stopped counting after ten and just enjoyed time on water.

Everything is feeding so no better time than now to get out.

And for Bonus Monday night went searching for stripers again going one for two from Staten Island.

Man I will get the one that got away that thing was a beast. I thought it for ten minutes before he got unhooked hiding in rocks that bastard. I will have my revenge

Andre

Last edited by Andrushkin33; 11-10-2015 at 07:50 AM..
Old 11-09-2015, 05:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: ~*~ Sandy Hook, Rockaways, Hopatcong and Spruce~*~

man you go on some real fishing benders haha i fish a lot but even i sleep in between! congrats on your first surf striper!
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 11-09-2015, 05:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: ~*~ Sandy Hook, Rockaways, Hopatcong and Spruce~*~

Congrats on your first surf Striper my brother. I wish you many, many more!
Old 11-09-2015, 08:26 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Congrats on ur 1st dude!! Even the smaller ones are a blast to fight depending on your gear. Any pics of this lil beasty??
Old 11-10-2015, 03:54 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Now that's a fishing marathon. Congrads one your first surf striper!
Old 11-10-2015, 05:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thank you all.

Yeah I am not to often found at the salty waters but this year been going more than all my years combined.

Still mad about the one that got away though. Cursed up such a storm that was probably heard all the way across the bay mostly at my insistence of giving him slack when he got under the rocks. Impatience on my part and it costly me dearly. Live and learn that's all I can add to it.

Off again tonight to battle the rain ad the winds but hell .... I will not be denied my surf rocket.

Andre
Old 11-11-2015, 09:45 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Never fished chicken livers. How do they get rigged and fished??