NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

~*~ Spruce Run Weekend ~*~ - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-20-2015, 05:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: ~*~ Spruce Run Weekend ~*~

Thanks Ryan,

Funny thing Boss told me on Friday night that he has to come to work on Saturday so I don't have to. Made plans on the spot and then he calls me on Saturday looking for me to come and work.

Sorry Boss man .....gone fishing .....

Andre
Old 04-20-2015, 05:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Wow - you've sure been putting your time in on the lake. I haven't been there yet. Have they filled it up yet?

Prepared correctly, you may be correct that White Catfish (a species of bullhead) is superior in taste to Chanel Catfish.

As for hybrids, they taste delicious, but I release all of them these days because:
A) They contain a hellacious amount of neurotoxic and carcinogenic chemicals in their flesh. At this time, the DEP recommend only eating one meal a month to lessen your chance a getting cancer or suffer subtle deleterious effects on your neurological system.
Ref. page 63: http://www.nj.gov/dep/dsr/fishadviso...advisories.pdf

B) Those hybrids mean so damn much to some people, I don't want to be the one to kill them. Every evening during the summer and fall I see the same people trolling for them. I want to see those dedicated hybrid anglers do well and be happy.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Andre, was great you got the kid hooked up!!! Nothing wrong in my book with taking an occasional fish to mount if it was that special or a few to eat.
Yea I was there all day saturday but not in my boat! LOL!!!
KKritch and his wife Donna invited my daughter and myself out for the day so I was kinda incognito so to say. We trolled for a while and the switched over to lures and shiners under slip floats. Wind really didn't help us much but Ken landed a largemouth and his wife caught a nice 15 inch crappie. I also heard rumors of a another hybrid being caught. The majority of them are still sitting in 60 ft of water on the bottom. We marked some big schools of them but they are not biting yet. I think as the water temp starts to rise the bigger schools will break up and they will start biting a lot better. I was thinking about going back up on sunday with my boat but I was too sunburned and beat up from saturday that I decided to pass. Gotta put the time in to catch and it's only gonna get better as time goes on. And Jeff , if I remembered correctly I am one of those trollers who has a true passion for those striped kamakazi maniacs and try to treat each one with a mother's love!!!!!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 04-21-2015, 08:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Eskimo,

Still not completely filled. Less then it was a year ago but much more than it was in the summer.

To me fishing became my drug and I can clearly say I am hooked. I was not going out much last year and thanks to all of you here on the site wanted to get out more and more. Last year pikethron turned me from lurker to a regular here and it was one of the best choices ever made. Finally found a sweet place to call home.

Dale,

Lol those rumors were true. I have talked to couple of the guys that claimed they came up with one hybrid when they came up along with a bass. And sunburn, man that's been killing me since Saturday as well but mostly because I have passed out for couple of hours next to my rod.

The ones we landed we landed at night in the general area when we had a meet and greet there for ice fishing. Just love that first hit. They hit like thunder and try to disappear like smoke. Line screaming is the sweetest music to my ear.

Was a first time I got anything out of the Spruce on live bait. Now I got to turn my attention to Round Valley and go hunting for whatever took my line of last year in the fall.

Andre
Old 04-21-2015, 05:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetANet View Post
And Jeff , if I remembered correctly I am one of those trollers who has a true passion for those striped kamakazi maniacs and try to treat each one with a mother's love!!!!!

Yes you are!