NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

~*~ Spruce Run 11-17-14 Night ~*~ - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-18-2014, 09:44 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default ~*~ Spruce Run 11-17-14 Night ~*~

Ahh it feels so nice to be back in familiar territory ...

After slacking of for the last couple of weeks (well mostly due to job) was back in those cold familiar waters.

Place: Boat ramp

Time: 8pm till 1am

Bait: Chicken Livers and bait fish caught at Spruce.

So .... number one was I realized how sloppy I am getting. Did not bother to change my set up from salmon fishing at all. After that I realized that I don't even have enough line to hit the spots I wanted. Fishing with 2 friends who were all too happy to make fun of me being stuck in my situation. Okay I said to myself let me school them on how to catch some fish. As usual nothing was happening for the first hour and half besides bone chilling wind. since I don't go anywhere without my trusty bottle I could care less. After 930 fishing picked up. Kept on getting hit after hit but due to my set up I could not land any of them. Or so I thought. My friends were fishing to left and right of me and couldn't buy a hit just looking and trying to comprehend what was happening. Finally my patience paid off and first catch of the night was brought to the shore... A small channel cat. Okay I thought to myself where there is one there should be more .... It didn't take long and this time a 2lbs white cat was caught ... My friends grew more frustrated and decided to catch some bait fish my making a small trap ...Was surprised to see it work and they have actually caught some. Meanwhile I kept on getting hits and got another small channel cat. Fish was hitting pretty much from 930 up till we left. Different set up and longer line would of got me more but I was pretty happy with what I had.

All fish released back.

Andre
Old 11-18-2014, 07:05 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: ~*~ Spruce Run 11-17-14 Night ~*~

nice job andre too gnarly out at night for me now its not worth the return on investment for me unlike early morning and mid day trout smashing has been solid and not as cold but since its dark so early i can only get out on the weekends... but if you keep fishing spruce try targeting some pike as it gets colder ive pulled some out of there over the years def a sick catch and if you hammer a big one hold on for the ride
Old 11-19-2014, 08:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_rangers View Post
nice job andre too gnarly out at night for me now its not worth the return on investment for me unlike early morning and mid day trout smashing has been solid and not as cold but since its dark so early i can only get out on the weekends... but if you keep fishing spruce try targeting some pike as it gets colder ive pulled some out of there over the years def a sick catch and if you hammer a big one hold on for the ride
Need to figure out some spots for that. But I do have a couple that I think will produce some just had to get to them. To tell the truth I was not even trying to catch anything just was going for the company with the boys. But as far as trout goes, need to go back to round and see whats happening there or just like you hit up some spots of 78 that should have them.

Andre
Old 11-19-2014, 08:03 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

yea havent been over there in a while been sticking to more less known less pressured places. its a shit show over there some weekend mornings haha but there def in there and trout are sick cause they fight hard most of the time they are not trying to get to shore haha