NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Looks Like Fluke Option 5 Passed - Page 5 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:06 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Looks Like Fluke Option 5 Passed

I personally was in favor of 2 but, 2010= 6 fish at 18. 2011 8 fish at 18 and a longer season. Just because it's 5 this year doesn't mean it stays that way as many are saying. I fish a lot mainly on the J2. Caught a lot of big fish but had a limit twice last year and it took me both the am and pm trips to do it once and the all day monday the other. Rarely did I see others limit out and if they did they were guys who fish all the time and had all the fluke they needed unless they were Dugger from 18 and Counting. We are loosing 2 1/2 weeks of seabass but it's a hell of a lot better than last year and jan/feb season is back. Look at your glasses. They are half full.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A
Mike,
Brielle Bait was not there, I was and I spoke and favored option 2.

HA HA HA

Sorry Dave

I'm so used to changing your loyal customer's posts to "non sponsor brielle shop".......it just happened

couple that with the time of the post and i'm sure u will 4 give me
NJ DEVILS
Old 03-02-2012, 09:48 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Where should i send my money now?

I am not the happiest with the results, but to be quite honest, i could give a hoot, i dont know what the uproar is, anyone who says they pay 50 bucks or pay 125 bucks to go fluke fishing for the day, is not going to tell me they fish for the meat to feed themselves, it is a chance, thats like playing the lottery and kicking a hole in your wall everytime you lose the power ball, its a chance you might catch a chance you wont catch.

What ever happened to fishing for fun, enjoying ourselves, enjoying time with one another? why has everything in this world turned into a donation, a political bs battle, everyone whining about one another? I personally have not, and will never say i fish to take home my fish, anyone who fishes with me knows i take no meat.

I fish because i enjoy it, i have a great time doing it, you never know what the next day will bring, they can close the fisheries down, i will still take my children fishing, i will put every fish back and i will go to the super market or fish market and purchase certain types of fish i want to eat and cook them at home.

I understand the business side, but the business is only going to be hurt by simple minded people.. What is keeping 3 less fluke going to do for your day? fluke prices at 12.99 a lb in the store, for the same price as a six pack open boat around here, you can go and buy 14 lbs of fluke, by the time you get done with fare and tip..

GET "REEL" guys, no one on here gives a hoot about going home with ton of meat, it is all about fishing and enjoying.

I say make it one fish at 36", then we will see everyone out there trying to catch a monster, and when you do catch one it will be a accomplishment..

These are limites and restriction, not them telling us we can not fish for them, they are RETENTION LIMITS, you can only retain so many fish at so many inches, but you can catch and release as many as you want!

The black seabass fishery closure is much more important to "for hire
" sector than this fluek bs will ever be.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfishingusa
Where should i send my money now?

I am not the happiest with the results, but to be quite honest, i could give a hoot, i dont know what the uproar is, anyone who says they pay 50 bucks or pay 125 bucks to go fluke fishing for the day, is not going to tell me they fish for the meat to feed themselves, it is a chance, thats like playing the lottery and kicking a hole in your wall everytime you lose the power ball, its a chance you might catch a chance you wont catch.

What ever happened to fishing for fun, enjoying ourselves, enjoying time with one another? why has everything in this world turned into a donation, a political bs battle, everyone whining about one another? I personally have not, and will never say i fish to take home my fish, anyone who fishes with me knows i take no meat.

I fish because i enjoy it, i have a great time doing it, you never know what the next day will bring, they can close the fisheries down, i will still take my children fishing, i will put every fish back and i will go to the super market or fish market and purchase certain types of fish i want to eat and cook them at home.

I understand the business side, but the business is only going to be hurt by simple minded people.. What is keeping 3 less fluke going to do for your day? fluke prices at 12.99 a lb in the store, for the same price as a six pack open boat around here, you can go and buy 14 lbs of fluke, by the time you get done with fare and tip..

GET "REEL" guys, no one on here gives a hoot about going home with ton of meat, it is all about fishing and enjoying.

I say make it one fish at 36", then we will see everyone out there trying to catch a monster, and when you do catch one it will be a accomplishment..

These are limites and restriction, not them telling us we can not fish for them, they are RETENTION LIMITS, you can only retain so many fish at so many inches, but you can catch and release as many as you want!

The black seabass fishery closure is much more important to "for hire
" sector than this fluek bs will ever be.
Thank you! We'll said.

"For the rich there is therapy for the rest of us there is fishing"

"A bad day of fishing turns into a good day of drinking" ����
Old 03-02-2012, 11:16 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Angry Re: Looks Like Fluke Option 5 Passed

Anyone else out there feel like a fool for joining RFA and SSSf? Never did i think they would have opposing views! Oh well,i guess i'll be able to buy more jigs with the money saved. Member SSSF,former member RFA.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:22 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

I fish on Party boats a lot for fluke. All I ever here from Patrons, Mates, Captains is, " What a nice fish, it's a shame you have to throw it back"!!! Now they lowered the size limit and I here people bithcing and moaning. Its to the point where I think people will bitch no matter what. People will be able to take more fish home, "oh man that sucks" They raised the limit to 18.5 inches, "Oh man that sucks" They kept the same limits, "Oh man that sucks". Here some advice I see on some Tee shirts SHUT UP AND FISH
Have a nice day!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:27 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Ya just can't fight city hall. I'm more worried about the gas prices going up now...ugh...
Old 03-02-2012, 11:52 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Angry Re: Looks Like Fluke Option 5 Passed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toghead
Anyone else out there feel like a fool for joining RFA and SSSf? Never did i think they would have opposing views! Oh well,i guess i'll be able to buy more jigs with the money saved. Member SSSF,former member RFA.
Bingo.... a lot of money went to the save the flounder organizations to prove the numbers wrong and get the fisherman an increase..... so ok we eventually went from 6-8 fish..... Now we go from 8-5... to me thats 2 steps forward...3 steps back... of coarse the board members are gonna love that and i am sure they were grinning when this was all done..... just makes me scratch my head when you have Capts going to website parties and get togethers to champion the SSSF cause with speaches and raffles, then goes and votes or shows favoritism to taking 3 steps backwards....

dont get me wrong... my crew and i will DEF get our share as we always have but ....DEF confused on this outcome and some peoples views... I do think Falcoon was correct.... dont extend the season..keep the 8 fish limit.... add the 2 slot fish.... what a shame the Co's would have to actually have to work a little harder to write the tickets.....

[B][COLOR="Red"]GODS SPEED MY BROTHER... LIFES A BEACH

Proud member of the 52lb on The Wall Club

dey eats my baits... I eats dem club

Member of the Monger Nation

PLANT ICE .... HARVEST WIND...JUST SAYING

Last edited by broken bobber; 03-02-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Old 03-02-2012, 01:15 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I dont know all the specifics but I can't see how it wouldn't help the party boats greatly. Esp those that are struggling since not being able to go sea bass fishing. People want to take fish home, as do I. If people are happy at the end of the day, they'll come back.

I'm not talking about the guys here that are going to go every wk or several times a wk anyway. I'm talking about the tourists/ or once every couple wks customers. Lots of empty coolers is what I remember and a whole lot of sad faces throwing back a ton of shorts.

For those that are going to go out often if you get your limit , start giving fish to others or save room for a money fish in your cooler, you're going again anyway!

8 fish was ridiculous anyway. If I catch that many this yr on one trip I'm going to keep them anyway, who am I kidding .
Old 03-02-2012, 01:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

It's very disturbing to me that a charter boat capt. and chairman of rfa is actually is voting for less size and bag limit. Do you realize that these laws that you voted for are the same that bought NY to it's knees? It's also disturbing that a charter boat captain voted to reduced size and bag limits, thats shows signs of weakness as far the captain of Karen Ann 2 goes. If you can't limit out with 8 fish at 18", you may think that at 17.5 and 5 fish a man, your chances will be easier. My opinion is if you had a 2 fish limit at 17", you still would have a problem limiting out. I'm just so disgusted as a fisherman of 40 years that there are captains out there in 2012 that actually will vote for a reduction in their catch. By any chance did you vote to have helicopters enforce the 3 mile limit when striper fishing? Next sea bass and tautog meeting I will attend to vote for a complete shut down of both, since you snj guys depend on that dearly and have destroyed fluke regs., we can both sell our boats and you and I can golf