NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

What's your trout setup - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-02-2017, 07:43 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: What's your trout setup

I'm in Aberdeen Cardinal so I usually just go to Cheesequake. Always have luck there because I know it pretty well. Willing to meet up there or somewhere else if a few guys wanna go somewhere
Old 04-02-2017, 09:12 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

All you guys that are calling out your favorite fluoro you're mainlining these flourish? Didn't think it would be a good idea to mainline fluoro on such a small spinning reel. Figured thatd be begging for some line twists and trouble
Old 04-02-2017, 10:33 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMac14 View Post
All you guys that are calling out your favorite fluoro you're mainlining these flourish? Didn't think it would be a good idea to mainline fluoro on such a small spinning reel. Figured thatd be begging for some line twists and trouble
I ditched fluro on all of my spinning reels after a short trial period. The tangles and twists were a problem. Far, far more than I had with mono.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:45 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
We're taking about stocked trout, right? Fluorocarbon isn't going to make any difference unless you like the way it performs. Hatchery trout are stupid. Don't overthink things.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:59 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Never had a problem with 4# vanish. I also hit it with line conditioner. Pick up a small filler spool and give it a try. You will not be disappointed
Old 04-02-2017, 01:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I actually picked up a thing of 4# vanish but after reading all the reviews I was set to return it. And yeah I k ow most stickers would hit something on a piece of steel but I might also use this rod for crappie so I was looking into the fluoro thoughts as a mainline
Old 04-02-2017, 01:57 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I use vanish 2# and 4 cause I hit wild trout a lot later on. No issues with spin or knots. I just take my time- close my bail before it hits the water ect. I do swap it out yearly - and the 2 is only a 110 yards or so.

Depending on weather and my schedule I could go down there- it's about an hour or a bit more. I'll pm when I'll get my marching orders for that week later tonight
Old 04-02-2017, 02:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I'm free all day so more then willing to come up your way if you have a spot in mind. Just let me know. Everyone else's invites stand. Would like to meet up
Old 04-02-2017, 04:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

always vanish 4# on my trout rods. no issues with twist or memory.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:23 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

echoing cardinals comments I always close the bail with my hand. engaging the bail with a handle turn introduces a little twist in the line each time you do it....

also pay attention to the line on the spool if it gets a little loose i pull it out and make sure to get it back on there tight....