NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Recreational fisherman wanted to fish most weekends in Sandy Hook area on my boat - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Classifieds
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Classifieds Use this board to post your FISHING related items for sale or trade. Non fishing related items belong in Non Fishing.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:52 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Recreational fisherman wanted to fish most weekends in Sandy Hook area on my boat

Good morning. I am looking for one (maybe two) people who would like to fish most weekends (usually on Saturday) from early May to early October. I co-own the boat with my father, and we just lost our two regular crew members (one due to health and the other is going through a bad divorce unfortunately). The boat is a 28 foot Grady White with twin 225 Four Strokes. It is fully outfitted inclusive of all safety gear and is docked at a nice Marina in the Sandy Hook area. I have my Captains License for my own knowledge, do not charter, though we have been fishing many years. As far as the fishing is concerned, we liveline bass in May and June, bucktail rough bottom or Fluke in July, August, and early September, and do a small number of Inshore Tuna runs targeting Bluefin in later September and early October. We fish the majority of local Fluke tournaments and have won a few over the years, as this is the fishery we truly enjoy. That said, it is fishing, and just like everyone else, we have tough days. Typical day starts with meeting at the boat around 4 am and we are back in the slip by 1 pm. Cleaned up by 3 pm and on our way home. All costs (fuel, bait, lunch) are divided equally and on average it costs about $80 a trip. All fish are filleted and divided equally also. Ideally I am looking for a reliable person, who knows how to fish, has the desire to fish hard, can fish most Saturdays, and has a friendly personality. If this sounds like something you are interested in - shoot me an email at nagywc@gmail.com and we can talk further. Thanks for your time. Bill
Old 03-05-2016, 09:14 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Recreational fisherman wanted to fish most weekends in Sandy Hook area on my boat

Sorry to hear about your crew. I may take you up on this Bill, as I don't know if I'll have a boat this year. You guys catch a ton of fish, and as we know, we fish the same bottom. This is a great opportunity for a fishermen that doesn't own a boat. I'll be in touch.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:07 PM
dakota560

Default Re: Recreational fisherman wanted to fish most weekends in Sandy Hook area on my boat

This should be a FANTASTIC opportunity for someone who has the time. All the benefits of owning a boat without all the headaches. Sweet ride, tremendous range and when you think about it almost like a private charter for slightly more than the cost of jumping on a party boat. As long as personalities mesh, how can you go wrong? Sounds like a win / win for everyone and a pretty nice gesture by the owner. Good luck to the Captain and whoever takes advantage of the opportunity, sounds like a pretty unique and favorable arrangement.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:11 PM
dakota560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander II View Post
Sorry to hear about your crew. I may take you up on this Bill, as I don't know if I'll have a boat this year. You guys catch a ton of fish, and as we know, we fish the same bottom. This is a great opportunity for a fishermen that doesn't own a boat. I'll be in touch.
Islander please check your pm's when you have a chance....thanks!
Old 03-05-2016, 07:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota560 View Post
This should be a FANTASTIC opportunity for someone who has the time. All the benefits of owning a boat without all the headaches. Sweet ride, tremendous range and when you think about it almost like a private charter for slightly more than the cost of jumping on a party boat. As long as personalities mesh, how can you go wrong? Sounds like a win / win for everyone and a pretty nice gesture by the owner. Good luck to the Captain and whoever takes advantage of the opportunity, sounds like a pretty unique and favorable arrangement.
I'll second that. Fished/mated on a 28GW a few years ago. It is a great platform from which to wet a line...we did offshore every weekend weather permitting...
John M. missed and always remembered
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead (Jimmy Buffett)
Old 03-06-2016, 02:37 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I sent you a private message relative to your request.

F/V Smells Fishy

Atlantic Highlands
Old 03-14-2016, 10:29 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Thanks for the kind words Islander and Dakota. Quick update for those who responded to my post - I just got back from vacation and received a number of emails/PMs. I will review all and get back to everyone this week. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

this is a great offer. I used to have a neighbor who had a boat and we'd do the same thing, going out whenever we were allowed, splitting costs, then he moved, now I have 2 little kids and a nice kayak collecting dust in my garage...
Old 03-25-2016, 10:11 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This is an awesome offer and wish I saw things like this more often. If it was more like a once a month deal I'd jump in a heartbeat, but scheduling every Saturday for fishing is tough with a wife! Kudos to you for putting the offer out there.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:39 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Hey Guys
My name is Tony. I have a problem getting guys to fish also. I have a 31' Rampage with twin diesels. I keep it on a lagoon house in toms river. I like to go on tuna canyon trips also like to troll the triple wrecks and Bacardi area. I'm also big shark fishing guy. I would be interested in going with you guys some time and sharing the expenses. Give me a call when you r going.
My nephew use to fish with me, but he just got married and moved to Chicago. Blaah.
I'm also looking for at least 2 reliable guys I can call for off shore trips.
just split the expenses.
I can't go every weekend but at least every other. If anyone is interested, call or email me.
Tony M cell #: 201-538-4409
email: contingensea@gmail.com
To see pictures of the boat go to my website:
contingensea.com