NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

WayWay today - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-24-2012, 06:01 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: WayWay today

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken jan
I actually was out on the lake last Friday. Tried trolling with a sinking rap and also a dodger with worm. Nothing hit, Marking a lot of fish on the bottom. Do I need a down rigger to get to the trout? I also tried jigging with a swimbait and also a worm down deep, not even a nible? I did manage to hookup on a small LMB on the way in, throwing the sinking rap at a submerged log. hope to see you out there on the water in a yak or jon boat.

You don't need a rigger for WayWay, it's only 50-60 feet deep at its deepest, keel weights and or snap weights will get you down, one of our hits Thursaday was on a silver flutter spoon with 5/8 oz. keel 4 feet above it with 44 feet of line out sticking out the back of the boat, most likely a trout hit but we didn't hook it. If you use keels they are attached in-line and use a snap swivel on one end and a barrel swviel on the othe to prevent line twist and it makes it easier to change weights when needed.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:37 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Thanks for the info Fishoff, by the way,where can I pick up some keel weights? Have you ever tried flashers or dodgers behind snap weights on the lake?
I am going to give it a try next week, if I can find sometime off work Hope to see you out there, what type of boat are you on?
ken

Last edited by ken jan; 03-24-2012 at 10:47 PM..
Old 03-26-2012, 03:58 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

You can get keels @ Cabelas, prob. won't be out for awhile, snapped my transom mount electric motor handle backing into garage, the door slid down just enough and I didn';t notice my handle was straight up and bam perfect timing off the handle went.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:11 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Sorry to hear that, I have a 12 ft jon boat, electric motor welcome to join anytime.
ken