NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Beautiful bucketmouth - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-11-2021, 05:21 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Beautiful bucketmouth

That's what it's about right there. Beautiful bass to top it off too! Congrats on the great catch and many more to come!
Old 08-11-2021, 07:23 AM
dakota560

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
Congrats -Absolute gold - Mikey's dad can teach countless instagram heroes a lesson too!
Bruce I couldn't agree more. Fish was in the net, unhooked, camera was ready and Mikey knew how to properly support and hold the big girl for his lifetime memory pic. Less than a minute, the big girl was back in the water, big tail splash and away she went for someone else to catch. Just so very proud he put the safety of the fish before everything else. To me how he handled it was better than the catch itself.

Last edited by dakota560; 08-11-2021 at 07:31 AM..
Old 08-11-2021, 07:30 AM
dakota560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox Luciano View Post
That's what it's about right there. Beautiful bass to top it off too! Congrats on the great catch and many more to come!
Esox,

Think Mikey read your Carpe Diem post and said to his dad, "we have to go fishing tomorrow"! So thanks for providing the motivation! Awesome post (Carpe Diem) by the way, you do very well from the shore with homemade and or reconditioned lures, very impressive. And yes. time spent with or even without family getting away from the rigors of life, especially today, is what fishing is all about. Keep posting, love your posts my friend!

Dakota
Old 08-11-2021, 04:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota560 View Post
Bruce I couldn't agree more. Fish was in the net, unhooked, camera was ready and Mikey knew how to properly support and hold the big girl for his lifetime memory pic. Less than a minute, the big girl was back in the water, big tail splash and away she went for someone else to catch. Just so very proud he put the safety of the fish before everything else. To me how he handled it was better than the catch itself.
Excellent!!!

Btw - I'm Roger - we don't agree on fluke management but we're in full agreement on Mikey's budding journey to become a GREAT angler!
Old 08-11-2021, 06:57 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

They say a picture is worth a thousand words I
Disagree that picture is worth all of the words in
The world. Congratulations 😁
Old 08-11-2021, 07:10 PM
dakota560

Talking Re: Beautiful bucketmouth

Roger sorry for the mistake! I think we agree more about fluke management than you realize. It's Bruce who doesn't support my views!
Old 08-17-2021, 12:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Beautiful bucketmouth

What a TANK! Phenom catch for the little man!
Old 08-17-2021, 06:47 PM
dakota560

Thumbs down Re: Beautiful bucketmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
What a TANK! Phenom catch for the little man!
Eddie thanks buddy! Like I said, so proud of Mikey. We've all seen too many closures, Andy leading the charge cleaning up rivers, people leaving garbage strewn all over public and private property, and reports of so many abusing fisheries and the outdoors. Most who read this report will see a young man with a 6 plus lb largemouth and a 50 lb. plus smile. I see hope!

I posted it of course for Mikey but more so for every son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter raised to respect the outdoor the way it should be respected. It'll improve the chances those same resources are enjoyed for generations to come. Again so proud of this young man, like I said great catch and release but more so great respect for the fishery and outdoors!
Old 08-18-2021, 07:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Great catch! Kid looks like a pro!
Old 08-19-2021, 08:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Healthy, BIG bass! Mikey was rightly in awe. The weight of it in his arms must've been like having all the world.