NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Solunar fishing times? - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-28-2012, 08:10 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Solunar fishing times?

Flat Creek: I followed the solunar tables for more years than I can remember. I've seen their predictions be right on the money, also saw then be pretty accurate maybe an hour off..Also so them totally inacurate. But in their defense, I enjoyed following them for the price, it gave me something to study,,And in closing when they were on an I was their, they paid for themselves 10 times over. By the way for you full moon haters,(which I also happen to be one) mid day is the time to be there..Personally I'm and early bird..Tite lines all Slider
Old 05-29-2012, 10:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I've used them since the mid sixties! Found them to be very useful in my spring lake fishing forays.
If your on a lake or in the woods during one of these periods , most times you will note a definite pi k up in wildlife activity.
My first big brown taken from a lake in 1965 on a herring , weighed in at 5.5's
Was caught during the middle of one of these mid day periods.
Always used them in lake fishing for over twentyseSons!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:14 PM
NJFishing.com Member

a couple years ago i tracked fish caught vs solunar rating for the day with some statistics formulas in excel and the solunar rating was on the money for june, july, and august. the rest of the year, forget it. (i used the solunar tables on espn.com then)

i still look at it but it doesn't affect my decision to go fishing or not. i use the Time2Fish app for android. it's a nice app with hourly ratings as well as peak periods, and has sunrise/set times and weather forecast.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinman
a couple years ago i tracked fish caught vs solunar rating for the day with some statistics formulas in excel and the solunar rating was on the money for june, july, and august. the rest of the year, forget it. (i used the solunar tables on espn.com then)

i still look at it but it doesn't affect my decision to go fishing or not. i use the Time2Fish app for android. it's a nice app with hourly ratings as well as peak periods, and has sunrise/set times and weather forecast.
Tracking your fishing with soluner times sounds like fun, I wonder if somehow we could do it collectively on the board? It could make for an intersesting project for someone who has expertise to do it.

Last edited by flatcreek; 06-01-2012 at 07:35 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 05:09 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Maybe Andy can post it as a sticky?

http://www.in-fisherman.com/solunar-calendar/
Old 09-30-2012, 02:20 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Been following the soluner charts for the last few months and I found them to be right on. Last night they said it was going to be good. Seven hybrids a channel cat two break offs and half dozen other hits all in about three hours. Last fri it said not so good, one small cat and Andy and Wilson ran aground. I have also noticed when the winds from the east they bite the least seems to be true and when I figured it out I was trying to figure out why drifts that went across the same water that produced fish didn't produce some times and it came to me that on drifts that didn't produce I always had a east wind. Anyway I'm going out and paint a four leaf clover on my boat and see how that works, I'll let you all know. In the mean time check this link out.
http://www.usprimetimes.com/zip.html

Last edited by flatcreek; 09-30-2012 at 03:15 PM..