NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NHL 2024 1/2 Season thread…… - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 01-04-2024, 09:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: NHL 2024 1/2 Season thread……

Rangers better take advantage of an easy 2 pts tonight against Chicago..... I had to turn the game off Tuesday they were soooo bad.... glad they sat Wheeler cause he is a liability.... must trade for a younger, energetic RW on 1st line.... also with some more injuries, Othmann will get a huge chance to make his case.... team better get some consistency in 2nd half of season or it can be another disappointing end of season.... LET'S GO!!!
Old 01-07-2024, 09:00 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Another crappy loss to a bottom dweller time to sit Wheeler, just too slow out there.... he's bringing 1st line down.... someone up the ladder must be forcing Lav to play him so "they" don't look bad for signing him watching other teams jumping up in standings while Rangers are scratching their butts!!!
Old 01-08-2024, 04:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitShot View Post
Another crappy loss to a bottom dweller time to sit Wheeler, just too slow out there.... he's bringing 1st line down.... someone up the ladder must be forcing Lav to play him so "they" don't look bad for signing him watching other teams jumping up in standings while Rangers are scratching their butts!!!
Split: I felt the same way about Wheeler early on but dont forget he is a rental at 1 year / $800K with only an $800K cap hit vs his last contract for 4.2MM per.
So if he ends up a playoff hit when Panarin goes A Rod shell maybe it works.

How about the Jets winning 7 straight! Yes split without Wheeler.
Like I said as good as the top teams are playing it can be short lived as there is a tight group at the top and some surprises coming from below. Great hockey so far without a lot of ref BS like the NFL. Although some inconsistencies on injury hits.

Congrats to team USA winning GOLD in the Juniors world cup!
Old 01-09-2024, 08:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I know Dales but I don't care if they paid him even less, he's still the weak link on that 1st line who we need to start scoring more or we are going down in the standings..... he is too slow, bad on defense, can't put the puck in the net and hardly ever see him use that big body to hit anyone .... right now it's Panarin, Laf (has broke out of his shell ) and Trocheck doing most of the producing.... these guys have been playing since they were little kids and yet i can't believe so many shots miss the net completely. and Shesty has been inconsistend isn't helping the cause....

Winnipeg is a big surprise this year... good for them!!! and Team USA winning the Gold was SUPER!!!! I loved it!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
Old 01-10-2024, 09:55 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
I know Dales but I don't care if they paid him even less, he's still the weak link on that 1st line who we need to start scoring more or we are going down in the standings..... he is too slow, bad on defense, can't put the puck in the net and hardly ever see him use that big body to hit anyone .... right now it's Panarin, Laf (has broke out of his shell ) and Trocheck doing most of the producing.... these guys have been playing since they were little kids and yet i can't believe so many shots miss the net completely. and Shesty has been inconsistend isn't helping the cause....

Winnipeg is a big surprise this year... good for them!!! and Team USA winning the Gold was SUPER!!!! I loved it!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
Good morning Split! Looks like you are getting your wish. Wheeler kicked down to 4th Line and next experiment is Will Cuylle on top line with Krieds and Mika in practice yesterday. Kid deserves the shot albeit on his off wing but lets see.

Kakko getting close and i assume he goes back to top line when ready. Hopefully he can turn into the player we drafted but if not good trade bait at the deadline. His defense was solid and he gets pucks so top line was producing offense when he was healthy and very few goals against.
Too bad the Devils didnt take him and left us with Jack Hughes!

LGR
Old 01-11-2024, 09:01 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

You bet Dales!! Glad this coach makes changes based on production not how long you've been in the league I blame the loss of scoring of Kreids and Zip directly on Wheeler.... Kaapo was much better holding onto the puck whereas Wheeler contantly turns it over and he can't find the net when he shoots....Cuylle has shown he's ready for top line duty... can't wait for tonights game now.... need to get back to WINNING!!
Old 01-22-2024, 04:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
The Juniors was a good tourney. The fact that Team USA had players from Fla, Cali and Arizona is def testament to how big the game has gotten in this country.

Dont know anything about this kid Aram Minnetiam but have look into him. WoodCliff Lake kid.

Funny how this Cutter kid wouldn’t play with Torts.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 01-24-2024, 08:29 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Here we go again.... another year with high hopes and then the coach loses total control of this Ranger team..... I've never seen so many players lost out on the ice... and it's been game after game, not just 1 or 2 games.... Dolan's son will probably tell dad to fire GM Drury and get someone who can put a cohesive team together hahahahahaha Other than Panarin, the top players are not earning their salaries
Old 01-25-2024, 03:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Here we go again.... another year with high hopes and then the coach loses total control of this Ranger team..... I've never seen so many players lost out on the ice... and it's been game after game, not just 1 or 2 games.... Dolan's son will probably tell dad to fire GM Drury and get someone who can put a cohesive team together hahahahahaha Other than Panarin, the top players are not earning their salaries
Hear ya Split. Little early maybe to throw Laviollette under the bus but imagine we didnt let Knoblauch go to the Oilers! 14 straight wins and he was ours!

Also would help if Laffy found a scoring touch! Soo many chances missed but it will come just like it did for Krieder.

Congrats though to Knoblauch on the win streak with young Edmonton players. Hopefully the all star break will let us come out of this slump!

Hey Duff: Hope you keep your fan streak alive of teams that lose in the first round! Who is your NBA and MLB teams so I can bet heavy now
Old 01-25-2024, 06:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529 View Post

Hey Duff: Hope you keep your fan streak alive of teams that lose in the first round! Who is your NBA and MLB teams so I can bet heavy now
Oooffff kick me in the balls why don’t ya

Not a fan of the NBA so place your bets on any team

MLB - Yankees.

NFL - Boys

NHL - Bees

Weird demographic I know but I have reasons for my fandom.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995