NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Baked Crab stuffed Tog with Bernaise & Bruchetta - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Recipes
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Recipes Use this board to post your favorite recipes

Old 04-25-2021, 09:29 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Baked Crab stuffed Tog with Bernaise & Bruchetta

I got experimental last weekend and tried to make a dish similar to the one Ive had multiple times in Islamorada.
Not an exact recipe so you can do however you see fit to your taste...but overall came out awesome.
Ingredients: Thick tog fillet, Knorr Bernaise sauce, Flour, Eggs, Old Bay (if you want) Crabmeat stuffing...your recipe or one you like, Brucshetta, Shredded cheddar cheese, Fresh Chopped Parsley & thinly sliced scallions.
Knorr bernaise sauce out of the packet....just follow the directions and dont let it clump. Once its done, let it cool down some in the pot.
While whipping up the sauce, I mixed up a batch of a crabmeat stuffing....your favorite crabmeat and ingredients. I used a touch of dijon mustard & spicy brown, lemon juice to taste, fresh parsley, a splash of worstishire sauce. Added in some old bay for taste & some panko breadcrumbs. Again its all to your taste. Set that aside for later now.
I moved onto the fish now. Taking a single thick tog fillet and butterflying it to thin it out..but kept it together. Heated up the fry pan with melted butter....floured seasoned as you like and egged the fillet then cooked quickly on both sides to a light crisp. Removed after crisping the fish quickly.
Lay the crab on top of the one side of the tog and fold the other over on top of the crab stuffing. These are the final steps here.
Put the stuffed tog on a greased pan. Pour the bernaise sauce over the top & add on the bruschetta, dont be shy. If you make your own, kudos. I got my from wegmans...tasted nice. Add fresh chopped parsley, thinly cut scallions and some shredded cheddar cheese. You can drizzle some bernaise sauce over again or leave as is. Pop the tray in the oven at 300-325 degrees. I have a toaster/air frying oven...so I used the air bake for 15 minutes....cook till done. If you want to brown the top a bit...go for it..gives a nice touch and flavor. Very moist and tasty. Can do the same above with pretty much most fish we get locally....fluke would be really good this way too.

32ft SeaCraft Master Angler • "Avery Lynn"
WYLD G.F.I. Fishing Team

Sandy Hook Bay Anglers & Instagram

Last edited by wyldbillnj; 04-25-2021 at 09:40 AM..
Old 05-09-2021, 07:19 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Baked Crab stuffed Tog with Bernaise & Bruchetta

Damn that sounds delicious 👍
Old 05-11-2021, 08:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Baked Crab stuffed Tog with Bernaise & Bruchetta

My daughter and wife were getting a bit bored with the same fish cooking over and over...so I needed to up my game a bit. The wife isn't allowed to cook fish...lol

32ft SeaCraft Master Angler • "Avery Lynn"
WYLD G.F.I. Fishing Team

Sandy Hook Bay Anglers & Instagram