NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

LMB nite fshng,start at dusk or later? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-31-2012, 12:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default LMB nite fshng,start at dusk or later?

Are there hours that are better than others. In my limited experience I seem to notice a good bite starting around an hour before dark and then things seem to shut down right at dark. Is that what you find as well?
Old 05-31-2012, 02:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: LMB nite fshng,start at dusk or later?

For me lately (and usually), it seems like most Bass are active during twilight until a little after dark, then it dies down, and then the big boys come out to play. A large majority of the largemouths and smallmouths I've landed in the middle of the night have been above average to downright slobs. I can't remember landing any dinks at night...

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 05-31-2012, 09:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: LMB nite fshng,start at dusk or later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk City
For me lately (and usually), it seems like most Bass are active during twilight until a little after dark, then it dies down, and then the big boys come out to play. A large majority of the largemouths and smallmouths I've landed in the middle of the night have been above average to downright slobs. I can't remember landing any dinks at night...
In the heat of the summer night time can rule. Fish the darker colored lures...they see them and even top water can produce! Down home in TN/Ga this was the best action with the larger fish in the feed mode. Have only pulled one late night trip here in NJ @ assunpink for LMB and gott'em there. See lots of folks pulling the "all nighter" there so something is right. In the heat of the day they are resting and waiting for night to arrive and the feeding frenzy to begin. MPO when its HOT!