NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Almost beat the crap out of a kid and old man!!!! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-29-2012, 05:12 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Almost beat the crap out of a kid and old man!!!!

'almost beating the crap out of' someone coupled with the profanity you seem to enjoy restating seems nothing like angler-bonding, internet hi-fiveing or fish-tale exaggeration and a lot like real actions of an immature, garden-variety punk regardless of profession. Forgive me for not recognizing the hyperbole, if any.

Of course you may actually have handled the matter maturely, in contrast to your description. I do apologize if your tale was only angler-bonding and total fiction.

Sure as Cuz points out there are plenty of a-holes out there, and many aren't the ones mishandling fish.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:35 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgersfan1
'almost beating the crap out of' someone coupled with the profanity you seem to enjoy restating seems nothing like angler-bonding, internet hi-fiveing or fish-tale exaggeration and a lot like real actions of an immature, garden-variety punk regardless of profession. Forgive me for not recognizing the hyperbole, if any.

Of course you may actually have handled the matter maturely, in contrast to your description. I do apologize if your tale was only angler-bonding and total fiction.

Sure as Cuz points out there are plenty of a-holes out there, and many aren't the ones mishandling fish.
Nope buddy, I handled the situation just as I had described without adding or over indulging the story (give or take a few more or less cuss words cuz I wasn't counting when I was berating these idiots).

I think there is a censor or blocking function on this site that you can enable so that you wont stumble on to any more posts that you find offensive, however, I hasten to tell you that you will not win over many (in none at all) fellow posters by grandstanding on your overly sensitive verbal morals when it comes to clear and intentional fish and wildlife abuse by idiots. I see the aforementioned incident of tossing and kicking around the Pike on the hard cement pavement as no different as a person beating and kicking a dog and I will stop and intervene without reservations or worrying about hurting peoples feelings with my words or actions.

Last edited by flyboy1; 05-29-2012 at 05:48 PM..
Old 05-29-2012, 05:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Flyguy, I am an avid pike fisherman and I bet that nightmare you saw on the boat ramp just triggered you to lose it. I don't know if I would've cursed at at them but I definitely would have yelled at them. They deserved it. Those are the type of people who should be banned from from fishing in NJ. I hate that just because people think it's the passaic river they think they can do whatever they want. Such as not have a license, keep as many fish as they want, leave their garbage behind, drink alcohol and do drugs. I have seen all of this happen but what you said is the worst. In my opinion, the Passaic River has the best fishing in NJ due to the number of different species of fish it holds. It's a real shame that people have to ruin it. One of the spots I go to, people keep everything they catch. I have witnessed people keeping smallies, and have heard of people keeping 4 pike at a time. I understand that a lot of people are poor but at least follow the state rules and don't wipe out the population. Luckily, the fishery seems to be in good shape.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:56 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgogz
Flyguy, I am an avid pike fisherman and I bet that nightmare you saw on the boat ramp just triggered you to lose it. I don't know if I would've cursed at at them but I definitely would have yelled at them. They deserved it. Those are the type of people who should be banned from from fishing in NJ. I hate that just because people think it's the passaic river they think they can do whatever they want. Such as not have a license, keep as many fish as they want, leave their garbage behind, drink alcohol and do drugs. I have seen all of this happen but what you said is the worst. In my opinion, the Passaic River has the best fishing in NJ due to the number of different species of fish it holds. It's a real shame that people have to ruin it. One of the spots I go to, people keep everything they catch. I have witnessed people keeping smallies, and have heard of people keeping 4 pike at a time. I understand that a lot of people are poor but at least follow the state rules and don't wipe out the population. Luckily, the fishery seems to be in good shape.
Antgogz, you actually raise a good point.... I should of shown my badge and asked to see fishing licenses from both of these jokers because I dont think they had any to be honest because nothing was displayed on their persons and bags. Granted, enforcing state regulated laws are not in my jurisdiction as a federal agent but any kind of "illegal" actions or practices that I suspect (with valid reason) which take place in my presence is in my jurisdiction to question. I have seen the same Russian guy on many previous occasions and Im sure I will see him again and I will definately find out if he has a license and if not, his a$$ is getting reported.

I treat the Passaic as well as every other fishery I frequent as if it were my own backyard and I dont want to see A-holes and idiots abuse it and destroy it for the rest of us, but more importantly I will absolutely not tolerate any kind of fish or animal abuse of any kind.

Last edited by flyboy1; 05-29-2012 at 06:02 PM..
Old 05-29-2012, 07:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Almost beat the crap out of a kid and old man!!!!

I think

A. Heat of the moment

B. We only have so many places we can fish here in NJ

I say no harm, no foul.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:57 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

If you've seen this guy multiple times and suspect illegal fishing...I can understand your reaction.

However, with the kid...I think you lost a good teaching opportunity by your outburst. The adult definitely deserved it...the kid some strong correction, yes. But from your description ( I wasn't there so only my .02 ) sounds like a missed opportunity.

The kid may just keep a lookout for you and not change his behavior from now on!?

At any rate, I do understand the anger as I get just as angry at knuckle heads kicking in skates, doggies or bluefish in the suds. All fish ( animals! ) deserve to be treated properly and with respect.

Rob
Old 05-29-2012, 07:57 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Good post except for the "50 year old, Old Man" Comment. I know a few 50 year olds that you wouldn't want to mess with.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:15 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrod
If you've seen this guy multiple times and suspect illegal fishing...I can understand your reaction.

However, with the kid...I think you lost a good teaching opportunity by your outburst. The adult definitely deserved it...the kid some strong correction, yes. But from your description ( I wasn't there so only my .02 ) sounds like a missed opportunity.

The kid may just keep a lookout for you and not change his behavior from now on!?

At any rate, I do understand the anger as I get just as angry at knuckle heads kicking in skates, doggies or bluefish in the suds. All fish ( animals! ) deserve to be treated properly and with respect.
@surfrod, you're probably most likely right in regards to the kid, but you got to admit that an 18 or 19 year old still knows what their doing is wrong when kicking a poor fish around on the concrete which is why he was included in my wrath... but with that said, if I see this kid again I will talk to him and tell him why I was upset (if he didnt already know why, LOL) and hopefully I can show him the proper way of unhooking a Pike. But the heat of the moment when I see cruelty and abuse it just gets the best of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Em On
Good post except for the "50 year old, Old Man" Comment. I know a few 50 year olds that you wouldn't want to mess with.
@Got Em On.... I know exactly what ya mean and I choose my words carefully with who I call old as I do know some of the 50 year old bad asses that I wouldnt want to mess with... LOL

Last edited by flyboy1; 05-29-2012 at 08:18 PM..
Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Flyboy... I did overlook the kids age the first time I read this lol!

At any rate, follow up with him would be good no matter what.

I never know what kind of example young folks have had, if any, so I try to go out of my way to help them /correct them at every chance.... Though I never caught a kid kicking a pike on concrete

Rob
Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

According to the Fish & Wildlife Digest, here is the number for anonymously reporting fish or wildlife violations:

800-222-0456

Maybe we should all have this number saved in our cell phones when we go out.

Another number, 877-WARNDEP, is intended for use "to report a fish kill, illegal waterbody drawdown, pollution or other environmental offense."