NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Carnegie Lake police raid - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-10-2022, 09:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Carnegie Lake police raid

NJ Park Police arrived at the lake 6:15 PM today and said leave now or get ticketed for fishing at night. All 4 fishermen left. Same thing happened Sunday at Dam Site 21. I am not going to renew my membership or contribute to any Sportsmen’s Organization until it is legal to fish at night in NJ. The Governor also closed most of my fishing spots during the pandemic. Sportsman’s organizations are not very effective in NJ.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1E9067B0-EE39-460D-8BFF-524D9ECD1F80.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	156155  
Old 03-10-2022, 11:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Carnegie Lake police raid

Wow. That's wild. Maybe check licenses and if guys are keeping fish, but a forceful raid like that is unnecessary. I fish there often and most people are cordial and a very close knit community of anglers just having fun. The rules are garbage. It's not like anyone is down there drinking, playing loud music or causing a disturbance. I agree w you. The rules need to change.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:26 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ219bands View Post
NJ Park Police arrived at the lake 6:15 PM today and said leave now or get ticketed for fishing at night. All 4 fishermen left. Same thing happened Sunday at Dam Site 21. I am not going to renew my membership or contribute to any Sportsmen’s Organization until it is legal to fish at night in NJ. The Governor also closed most of my fishing spots during the pandemic. Sportsman’s organizations are not very effective in NJ.
most organizations are probably corrupted by political ties, that's why they are ineffective. I work in a public school and refuse to pay the njea a penny for the same reason.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 03-11-2022, 11:44 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ219bands View Post
I am not going to renew my membership or contribute to any Sportsmen’s Organization until it is legal to fish at night in NJ.
hmm, well, good news then, because fishing at night is legal throughout NJ
trespassing on township/state/park property after closing hours is not though; is that what they threatened tickets for?
WMAs are open 24 hrs for fishing & hunting activities
Old 03-11-2022, 05:04 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Why can't you fish at night?
Old 03-11-2022, 09:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park closes at sunset like Dam Site 21 so it is illegal to be in the park after sunset but local police and NJ State Park police kept saying they can fine me $80 for fishing at night. Mercer County Park Commission put up signs at Duck Island that said “No Fishing“ but later crossed out fishing from some of the signs. Pro fishing organizations should be working to overturn fishing bans.
Old 03-14-2022, 10:02 AM
dakota560

Again an example of the few who ruin it for the majority. Problem is you get people partying who get creative and bring a few cheap poles and say they're fishing. Exactly why the River Road location a few years back near Phillipsburg was closed. I know that involved the train company and liability but would assume it started with complaints by homeowners about the noise, partying and crap left behind. Kids partying and making a racket, leaving their garbage behind and people got fed up. Too many idiots abuse good nature.

What should happen is leave the parks open and if your found with alcohol or drugs on you or leaving garbage, hit them with a $10,000 fine and community service including clean up duties and guarantee this crap will stop. Instead the conservation minded people who usually end up cleaning up these messes are the ones ultimately penalized while the idiots ruining it for everyone else simply move on to another location.
Old 03-15-2022, 11:46 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota560 View Post
Again an example of the few who ruin it for the majority. Problem is you get people partying who get creative and bring a few cheap poles and say they're fishing. Exactly why the River Road location a few years back near Phillipsburg was closed. I know that involved the train company and liability but would assume it started with complaints by homeowners about the noise, partying and crap left behind. Kids partying and making a racket, leaving their garbage behind and people got fed up. Too many idiots abuse good nature.

What should happen is leave the parks open and if your found with alcohol or drugs on you or leaving garbage, hit them with a $10,000 fine and community service including clean up duties and guarantee this crap will stop. Instead the conservation minded people who usually end up cleaning up these messes are the ones ultimately penalized while the idiots ruining it for everyone else simply move on to another location.
exactly... these blanket 'solutions' never work... they're not following the rules to begin with, why would they follow the new rules.... it's laughable.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54