NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Moulders fishing preserve - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-01-2020, 01:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Question Moulders fishing preserve

Tried it today for 1st time with my 8 yr old son. Definitely a different kind of place. It’s like the early 80s never left. People in the office were really nice and we were the only people there from 8-10am. We fished the main lake with night crawlers and only had sunnies. I know it’s late in the season but thought could at least get a trout or a perch after the cold snap. Fishing is fishing. Is this a place that you can get decent fishing at?

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:56 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Moulders fishing preserve

It can be worth it at times. They have a lot of different species down there. Could’ve been an off day with the full moon and incoming weather. The roller coaster weather can mess fishing up big time.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:05 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
Tried it today for 1st time with my 8 yr old son. Definitely a different kind of place. It’s like the early 80s never left. People in the office were really nice and we were the only people there from 8-10am. We fished the main lake with night crawlers and only had sunnies. I know it’s late in the season but thought could at least get a trout or a perch after the cold snap. Fishing is fishing. Is this a place that you can get decent fishing at?

Thanks.
If your looking for some trout, and want the same kind of atmosphere try big brown in pa and paradise trout fishing both great for kids with a lot of nice fish. It’s just over the gap 15 mins
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 11-02-2020, 01:49 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey topaz View Post
If your looking for some trout, and want the same kind of atmosphere try big brown in pa and paradise trout fishing both great for kids with a lot of nice fish. It’s just over the gap 15 mins
My son works for big brown and paradise. They are owned by same people. Yesterday was their last day and now closed for the season. I think they re-open in March depending on the weather.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:32 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluken-Around View Post
My son works for big brown and paradise. They are owned by same people. Yesterday was their last day and now closed for the season. I think they re-open in March depending on the weather.
Yeap, my dad been taking me there since I was a little guy. We always caught hah a lot nicer then molders....
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 11-02-2020, 04:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Molder's trout are only in upper lake and usually done by end-June. If you ever get there at fish-feeding time (pellets) it's a frenzy. The lake nearest the drag-strip has blue catfish pushing 50 pounds
Old 11-02-2020, 09:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I liked moulders although we were the only people there this past Sunday am. We fished the lake near the drag strip and only got sunnies fishing nightcrawlers on the bottom. Supposedly they restocked the trout 2 weeks ago. Will try again next April/May if the fishing is decent there as it’s only 15 mins from my house.

50# catfish? Seriously?
Old 11-04-2020, 11:15 PM
NJFishing.com Member

it was cool like 25+ years ago when the old man ran the place , had no prob bagging a few big cats for te frier and paying the weight etc , also bows in the big pond sometimes , didnt even have driver license yet , would get ride there and make apt for pickup time .. that small upper pond in left corner next to raceway was crazy with them small juvy channels , always saw poachers that snuck across from raceway ( dirt bags ) ,, BUT things changed w/new owners , last time i been there was like 12/15 yrs ago ,, the (lady) would litteraly sit 20 feet away from you at the muddy trout pound watching you like the gestapo b/c had rule cant c&r the trout there , very unnerving and uncomfy feeling (RUDE) , never went back ... but its a decent place to bring a kid i suppose ,
Old 11-07-2020, 12:16 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This is good info. Need to understand how it is now but historical is helpful
Old 11-08-2020, 03:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako5 View Post
it was cool like 25+ years ago when the old man ran the place , had no prob bagging a few big cats for te frier and paying the weight etc , also bows in the big pond sometimes , didnt even have driver license yet , would get ride there and make apt for pickup time .. that small upper pond in left corner next to raceway was crazy with them small juvy channels , always saw poachers that snuck across from raceway ( dirt bags ) ,, BUT things changed w/new owners , last time i been there was like 12/15 yrs ago ,, the (lady) would litteraly sit 20 feet away from you at the muddy trout pound watching you like the gestapo b/c had rule cant c&r the trout there , very unnerving and uncomfy feeling (RUDE) , never went back ... but its a decent place to bring a kid i suppose ,
i can still smell the livers fishing that place 30 years ago in the hot august sun when there were trees all along the main lake and you werent allowed to bring live bait and no barbs. Felt like a rebel sneaking shiners in a thermos and fishing the opposite side hiding from the old guy in the tractor. I remember catching walleye and hybrids in there as well not sure how long they lasted.