NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Hello gentlemen - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-06-2013, 10:47 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Hello gentlemen

Have been standing on the shoulders of you giants of the fishing world since last May and decided to drink the cool aid. Thanks to you guys I feel pretty confident in my bass, pike and pickerel ability. Used to get out all the time with my pops as a kid but just got back into fishing last year.

One area I could use help with is trout. With the information I've picked from you guys I think I know what lures and baits to use but where in the water should I be targeting this time of year and going forward into the warmer times of year? In the fast or slow water. Deep or shallow. In the current or slack water. Also what kind of retrieve should I be using. Hopefully my ignorance and your help can be of use to me and other newbies like myself. Thanks guys.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Hello gentlemen

WELCOME to the site. Go back and read the 94 pages on the freshwater section if you get some time. Keep an eye on your PM inbox. What county do you live in, it'll be easier for guys to pin point good trout locations, the more you tell us the more we can help you.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:43 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Hello gentlemen

Thanks fellow Andy. I'm in Somerset county, Somerset to be specific. I've got the south branch not too far from me as well as the main body of the raritan and from reading the posts on the site those spots sound good. I've also read the site for tips from may of last year and where in the water to target is the part I seem to be missing. Not looking for you guys to give up your spots just an idea of what parts of the to look for and how to work it like I said in the above question.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:50 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

the north branch of the raritan close to you is very good for stocked trout in the spring and fall
Old 03-07-2013, 09:52 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

AndyS, where'd you get that pic of my girlfriend?