NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

The Boys Go North - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-21-2023, 01:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default The Boys Go North

Had to take advantage of a Monday off so Luke and I hopped in the truck to revisit a spot we had been to once before with great results. We took the trip north and got geared up, ready to hike out to it. There is quite a hike followed by a scramble to reach the destination. We got to stepping, luckily its quite a beautiful hike

Luke always has to stop when he sees a juicy looking plunge pool, the man is addicted to brookies

We finally got down to the spot and started casting. It was muuuuch slower than the last time we were here, but with winter still being around that much was expected. I was able to pick up 3 fish and lost one, while Luke unfortunately lost his only hookup.

After a few hours of casting at this stretch we figured we should make a move and decided to explore downstream. While there were some good looking holes, we weren't able to find any more willing fish.

All in all, we hiked 11 miles for 3 fish but had a blast doing it. Tight lines to all!
Old 02-21-2023, 04:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: The Boys Go North

my cursed spot, next time i wont bring a rod good stuff
Old 02-23-2023, 09:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Excellent report, beautiful spots, and getting there seems like half the fun. Good work
Old 02-25-2023, 07:59 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Way to go fellas. Love exploring and getting out there. We'll done. Beautiful trout as well