NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fishing Lodge Recommendations - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-18-2024, 08:11 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Fishing Lodge Recommendations

My son and I would like to take a 4 day fishing lodge vacation up North. North as in Canada or maybe Minnesota. We plan to fly the first part of the trip, then probably rent a car to drive to the lodge or drive to a spot and take a float plane to the lodge.
Do you have a recommendation of a lodge you have been to?
How much time did it take you to get there.
Did you go all guided so as not to have to bring your own equipment, or travel with your own equipment?
What i have found so far is that the cheapest and fastest way seems to be to fly to Toronto (2 hrs) then rent a car and drive 4-6 hours to the lodge. You can fly to smaller towns from Toronto but those small flights may have several stops so it is a lengthy transit.

Thanks very much. (We will fish for walleye, pike, small mouth, and maybe lakers in early June.)
Tom
Old 01-19-2024, 12:35 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Fishing Lodge Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHokie View Post
My son and I would like to take a 4 day fishing lodge vacation up North. North as in Canada or maybe Minnesota. We plan to fly the first part of the trip, then probably rent a car to drive to the lodge or drive to a spot and take a float plane to the lodge.
Do you have a recommendation of a lodge you have been to?
How much time did it take you to get there.
Did you go all guided so as not to have to bring your own equipment, or travel with your own equipment?
What i have found so far is that the cheapest and fastest way seems to be to fly to Toronto (2 hrs) then rent a car and drive 4-6 hours to the lodge. You can fly to smaller towns from Toronto but those small flights may have several stops so it is a lengthy transit.

Thanks very much. (We will fish for walleye, pike, small mouth, and maybe lakers in early June.)
Tom
Cabonga Lake Lodge
Old 01-19-2024, 01:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Don't necessarily have to go North. There are 4 day float trip packages in North Carolina.
Old 01-19-2024, 05:41 PM
Old Soft Salt

Not sure if you are aware but a valid passport, passport card or nexus card are required to enter Canada these days. Children under the age of 16 need only proof of citizenship. (Birth certificate). Try Ely Minnesota and the boundry waters.

Good luck,
Old 01-20-2024, 01:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

www[.]caesars-northcamps[.]com

www[.]pourvoiriemaxime[.]com/welcome.php

www[.]restigouchelodge[.]com/our-water

loughboroughinn[.on.]ca/activities/fishing/

www[.]bryerlodge[.]com/activities.html
Old 01-20-2024, 03:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

look up Crow Rock Lodge, on lake of the woods. my son and i have gone the last 2 years, and are going again this year. lodge is top notch. Fishing is insane. they have 7 private lakes you can fish as well, where you will be the only people on the lake for the day. 2 of them are larger than monksville reservoir. last year we had left an extra night open and fished lockport for channel cats. nonstop action from 14-18lbs. we are booked for another trip this year. Feel free to message