NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Union County Bass - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-18-2011, 07:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Union County Bass

I had a productive morning at work, so with the beautiful weather I decided to call it a 1/2 day and try bass fishing in the lake that I've been baiting for carp. A couple people told me there were bass in there and, well, they were right. It was pretty windy and I spent 2 hours without a bite throwing senkos, texas-rigged worms, flick shake worms and carolina rigs. Then a friendly 12-year old advised me that there were some better spots at the other end of the lake. I went back into the woods where it looked like the lake ended, found some nice looking water and started getting some action. I had a few misses before I hooked up with a nice largemouth. I only had a few minutes left before I had to split after that, but had a couple other misses. I'll take 1 fish over work anyday. The place I found seems to be loaded with fish and I saw a couple other people score a few bass, a bunch of sunnies and even a couple wild shiners, all on crawlers. I guess nothing beats local knowledge, even if it's coming from a 12 year-old.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Union County Bass

Tons of bass in union county, Ive been fishing here for 30 years. Theres quite a few interesting things about union county fishing.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Union County Bass

I'm getting that. There's water everywhere. It's unbelievable. I don't even want to drive anywhere on the weekends. I just feel like scoping out the rest of these parks, rivers, ponds etc.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Keep going all the way back and the lake ends at the river you can work your way up to boulavard bridge lotsa trout back there after stocking.

Last edited by shucker; 03-19-2011 at 05:04 PM..
Old 03-19-2011, 04:34 PM
NJFishing.com Member

What is the name of the lake you went to?? I want to go there tomorrow!!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanks Shucker. I was actually there today and stumbled upon that exact spot. Only fished about an hour and the bass seemed to have lockjaw with the 30-degree temp drop. Had the ultralight out and got a couple sunnies. No carp in the morning either. I'll keep trying though. Going to switch it up tomorrow and go target some slime darts in another UC lake.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I was there too around 3 picked up 1 bass on a senko and jigged a few crapppie from the stick piles,it was my first time there this year and the water was super low.