NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Waywayanda - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-28-2021, 10:05 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Waywayanda

What's everyone's thoughts on bass fishing at Waywayanda? Haven't been there since late 80s/early 90s. Its not too far from me so I'm looking to head there in the next few weeks if its going to be a worthwhile trip. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Waywayanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets9n31 View Post
What's everyone's thoughts on bass fishing at Waywayanda? Haven't been there since late 80s/early 90s. Its not too far from me so I'm looking to head there in the next few weeks if its going to be a worthwhile trip. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
I'm only 15 minutes away from it but i've never fished there. Grabbing my kayak from my moms place this week, going to give it a shot real soon. I say go for it, it's gorgeous up here!
Old 07-28-2021, 10:33 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Went up for fathers day with a friend. We hammered the pickerel. 20 or 25+. Only 1 LMB.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Waywayanda

The nickname for that place in the summer is Weedweanda because much of it gets covered over in weeds.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
The nickname for that place in the summer is Weedweanda because much of it gets covered over in weeds.
Sounds like my kinda place!!!😜
Old 07-29-2021, 09:38 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This time of the year the BIG BASS suspend in deep water under the massive schools of bait fish. Find the bait balls, find the fish.
Some gator pickerel under them too if that is your thing. The pickerel there get extremely fat on the stocked rainbows.
Try the back half of the lake where the water drops off to the deep on the east side.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:47 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Thanks everyone, prob going to give it shot after next week. I'll report how it goes.
Old 08-30-2021, 02:05 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Finally had a chance to go here on Friday. Not a bad day, really hot, and it is really weedy, but i did catch fish. 1 pickerel and 8 large mouth. None were photo worthy. Best was about 2lbs but any fish is better than no fish. It did earn itself another shot in the future. It was a slight improvement over green turtle pond the week before where i only got 7 large mouth. Biggest thing that surprised me was the lack of other fishermen. a few kayaks and paddle boards but i didnt see anyone else fishing. Green turtle pond on the other hand shocked me at how many other boats were there fishing during the day. Anyone else hit either of these lakes recently?