NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Haul out suggestions - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 04-10-2011, 05:33 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Haul out suggestions

I have a 30 foot Silverton that I generally keep in the water year round. It needs a haul out , power wash and put on blocks for about 1 month to do some maint which I figure on doing myself.. I live in the Silverton section of Toms River where the boat is now and the boat summers in Waretown. Any known good marinas that could handle a haul out like this at this time in either Toms River area or south to Waretown that are reasonable? Thanks I figured I would ask on here before calling around.
Howard
Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Haul out suggestions

Call grants in forked river, winters yacht basin in mantaloking, or try south winds, south winds is nice because they got a bar! hahah
Old 04-11-2011, 03:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Howard if you are thinking of doing it now, bad plan, most marinas that are user friendly are jammed up, mine has 200 boats to launch and who knows how many to prep since it is one of few that let you work on your own boat. Winters has room as Vinnie said but typically they dont let you do your own work. You may want to wait till Memorial day when some of the marinas have some room. Just my thoughts
Old 04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I can't wait. I like to use the boat all year round and I have a shaft issue I want to take care of before using it again. Nothing critical but it makes me uncomfortable and I hate thinking about how the boat can break down when I am out on the water.
I tried calling Grants and he won't have room for another month or so and I am sure most of the more user friendly marinas are like that. The marina where I had it hauled a few years ago has room so I may bring it there.
Thanks for the suggestions and hopefully I will see you on the water soon. .With the fuel prices there may only be a few of us out there this year. We may have to dodge the sail boats !!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:58 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Nacote Creek Marina in Port Republic. Very do-it your-self marina and plenty of room. Just past Chestnut Neck on RT.9. Exit 48 off the parkway. Plenty of deep water off the Mullica River. 609-652-9070 is his #.
MirrorCraft 16 Tin Northport Troller Johnson 25