NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2018 Hybrid Meet & Greet - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-10-2018, 08:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2018 Hybrid Meet & Greet

Hello yes he’s alive AND I am in bringing my boat and my buddy going to be my first time looking forward to seeing everyone
Old 10-10-2018, 09:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 2018 Hybrid Meet & Greet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck or Bleed View Post
Hello yes he’s alive AND I am in bringing my boat and my buddy going to be my first time looking forward to seeing everyone
My brother!!!! You finally remembered your password!!! See you there my friend!!!
Old 10-10-2018, 09:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

LOL too funny poppa bear.

Locked loaded with the livers! Cant wait!
Old 10-11-2018, 09:12 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetANet View Post
Only about a week and a half to go for Hybrid Madness! Starting to get amped up hoping they will be hungry after the weather change that's coming! Hopefully a little cooler weather will get em goin! Gonna try and get up there this weekend to see how it's going but remember things change from day to day so be positive! I remember a couple years back Jimmy the Greek and I fished the day before and we didn't do very well at all and then the next day POW! EVERYBODY was hooked up all day!!!! Stupid fishing at best! I know some of you remember that one! All the boats anchored in a NJF Flotilla and everywhere you looked someone was hooked up! So all I can say is if you can make it come on out we always have a blast no matter how good or bad the fishing is!!!!

PS.... Has anybody seen my vampire I mean partner???????? I think he left me for some Mexican!!!!!!LMAO
haha DA Truth!!!
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 10-12-2018, 10:17 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Hello all. Looking forward to participating if I can get the boat in. This’ll be my first time targeting hybrids so excited to learn something new. A bit worried about the water level as I see some of you talking kayaks and canoes. Think I’ll be able to get my 18’ deep v in the water? If so I’ll have room for a couple more guys if needed. So give me some sort of head start here, what equipment/bait/lures do I need to have with me? Hope to get to meet some of you guys that have been helping me along with my first year on the ‘cong.

Steve
Old 10-12-2018, 10:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I thought i was going to be able to make it this year, but i just found out i have family coming in from california for the weekend SO BUMMED! I've never caught a hybrid and was really hoping to change that. Oh well, next time i guess
Old 10-12-2018, 01:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdog View Post
Hello all. Looking forward to participating if I can get the boat in. This’ll be my first time targeting hybrids so excited to learn something new. A bit worried about the water level as I see some of you talking kayaks and canoes. Think I’ll be able to get my 18’ deep v in the water? If so I’ll have room for a couple more guys if needed. So give me some sort of head start here, what equipment/bait/lures do I need to have with me? Hope to get to meet some of you guys that have been helping me along with my first year on the ‘cong.

Steve
plenty of ways to skin a cat, but get 2-3 med fw rods with 10-12lbs line. some 2/0 or 3/0 inline circle hooks and a few tubs of bait and you'll be set.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 10-12-2018, 09:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Well now that it seems like summer is officially over and we have a nice stretch of cooler temps through next weekend hopefully the fish will feel the need to start feeding up to provide some good fall action! From the way it looks now I'm probably gonna drop GetANet in for a few hours early Sunday morning and check out a few spots.

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 10-12-2018, 09:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I always try to keep things as simple and effective as possible when fishing and in life! As far as how I usually fish for them in the fall is with the livers like a lot of anglers do but I also like to have a nice bait swimming around down there and see which they chose. We usually fish two rods per person on board and set them up each a little different to see once again what the fish want that day! I personally fish one spinning rod and one baitcast set up and deadstick them. Obviously the lighter set up would be for a free floating liver or a small split shot or egg sinker while usually the heavier weight on the other rod. My reason is sometimes they will just barley bump your hook and thats when the spinning gear is ideal and other times they will smash your bait so hard it will rip the rod out of the boat if your not paying attention. Some good advice is also to make sure your Livers are thawed before you start fishing too. If you need more advice as far as techniques you can do a search for the last couple of hybrid Meet and Greets and there's enormous amount of info about set ups and techniques so read up and make sure you have some fresh line on your gear because these fish will bring you to your knees if your not prepared!!!!!!!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 10-15-2018, 07:14 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: 2018 Hybrid Meet & Greet

Uhhhhhgggggg! Some good marks out there the last 2 Sunday’s but not much to show. 3 Sunday’s ago was my best fishing as I had a nice little pile to myself in the AM! Since thenthe fish just aren’t cooperating. Do manage to get white perch, yellow perch, Bullhead cats, gills and Crappie to the boat. The Hybrids caught have been runts. Hopefully the continuous cold gets em going.

I had the gooey baits and Herring working yesterday. I wouldn’t give up bouncing all over the lake but failed when it comes to finding the beast Hybrids. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! TIGHT LINEZ!!!