NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Spruce Run - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-22-2021, 03:37 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Spruce Run

Made my first visit to Spruce Run today. I fished the north lobe after the launch ramp. Lots of carp chasing each other around in the reeds. I was flyrodding a bass bug from my Live2Fish paddle board. No luck.

I was impressed with the facilities but it was kind of sad looking, I guess it’s been closed for a while with COVID and HAB.

I hope to go back and try other areas. It’s a beautiful looking lake.
Old 05-23-2021, 03:18 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Spruce Run

When they (carp) are up in the reeds like that splashing around they're spawning, I believe.

It is a nice place. I haven't been there in years, I'll have to get out there again some time.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

a fishing standup paddleboard is pretty cool, how does that work if you get hit by some waves from boats tho? throw off your balance or is it kinda easy?
Old 05-23-2021, 09:38 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I have a “SUP Bucket”. It’s got a rubber base and a padded seat, from Surehold. I have straps from the bucket to the board to hold it down. Also a rod holder, drink holder and a paddle rest attached to the bucket. If it gets rough or windy I just sit on the bucket and everything gets better. And its a great spot for water bottles, lunch and other gear. I really love the whole rig. I have used it to float the Delaware and the Passaic. It’s a primo platform for ponds and small lakes. I just need a place to fish with fish that like my presentation.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:06 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun King View Post
I have a “SUP Bucket”. It’s got a rubber base and a padded seat, from Surehold. I have straps from the bucket to the board to hold it down. Also a rod holder, drink holder and a paddle rest attached to the bucket. If it gets rough or windy I just sit on the bucket and everything gets better. And its a great spot for water bottles, lunch and other gear. I really love the whole rig. I have used it to float the Delaware and the Passaic. It’s a primo platform for ponds and small lakes. I just need a place to fish with fish that like my presentation.
good thinking, that's a cool way to fish how's it compare to a yak?
Old 05-24-2021, 09:32 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

With a SUP you are standing so it is easier to fly cast and visibility is a hundred times better. With a yak you have that double bladed yak paddle which is way more efficient. The SUP has a skeg and if you catch it on a branch or a rock you’re going to fall so it’s no good for faster, shallower rivers.